Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any performance boaters fishermen too? >

Any performance boaters fishermen too?

Notices

Any performance boaters fishermen too?

Old 04-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love fishing, trolling is my favorite. Hope to be tearing up Miami in a express fisherman this summer!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
fishing+duck hunting+ performance boating= too many boats according to my wife
You and I are in the same boat so to speak. There is a specific boat or two for each hobby. It makes perfect sense to me and I love them all!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
We fish a lot in the GOM. I would love to share some pictures but i give up, uploader is not working for me at the moment...
It would not allow me to upload. Until I shrunk the pixel size.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
It's a long very expensive time consuming frustrating process trying to figure it out on your own. I would suggest finding a truly experienced friend or just hiring a mate for the day that knows the area. watch what and where he goes and try and duplicate. Start with bottom fishing or trolling then build on it.
I agree with this one 100%. Before going on our own, we went with Miss Britt a handful of times. Would be good to hire one of them for the day and get an education, something I suggested multiple times....

It is expensive, besides standard boat costs, you have for one day (on your own boat):

Fuel, ice, bait, license, food, beer, etc. It all adds up. We figured our small catch to cost us a few hundred bucks each....
Old 04-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 574 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I agree with this one 100%. Before going on our own, we went with Miss Britt a handful of times. Would be good to hire one of them for the day and get an education, something I suggested multiple times....

It is expensive, besides standard boat costs, you have for one day (on your own boat):

Fuel, ice, bait, license, food, beer, etc. It all adds up. We figured our small catch to cost us a few hundred bucks each....
After coming in from a long day of going out 40 miles to fish and coming back with just a few keepers in the cooler my dad will say for all the money we could have gone to the finest restaurant and drank some fine wine for less.

But we had fun.

my dad loves to fish , I can take it or leave it but go out with him when he asks me to go.

Went out Saturday trolled for Kings and hooked quite a few than bottomed fish for Grouper and broke out the grill and had some shorts for lunch
Old 04-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

does hooking the occasional skank count... my father has had a big sport fish for 25+ years, what an adrenaline rush backing down on a big marlin with all the crew and guest screaming and carrying on!
most dont know that a good sport fish will go almost as fast backwards as forwards... ive seen people about crap their pants when a monster wave comes over the transom and leaves 2 plus feet of water in the cockpit!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered

Okay now I want "go fast center console" for fishing.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes..... My father has a Boston Whaler 22 outrage. We mostly do salmon. But have done halibut. One of the advantages of being in the pacific northwest.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

Ray R w Miss Britt is as good as it gets. He the Dudas Brothers,Quentin and the Miami Pros can really slay em. An excellent charter if you go to Miami.

Marc
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Maximus
Ray R w Miss Britt is as good as it gets. He the Dudas Brothers,Quentin and the Miami Pros can really slay em. An excellent charter if you go to Miami.

Marc
Hoping to see you in Bimini in three weeks buddy boy. Been a long time. I'm thinking after this trip Jeff will be buying a boat real soon.

If not in Bimini lets at least do dinner. I hope you gave up wearing those colored socks you used to wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.