Whats boats are in this class? >

Whats boats are in this class?

Notices

Whats boats are in this class?

Old 09-06-2002, 11:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you may not know but UIM class 1 racing is huge in Europe. It is on a par with the interest level behind our CART racing.

When Alcone went over and cleaned thier clocks, you should have seen the photos on his web site of the parades and pits. It looked like an indy car event. Big sponsorship dollars at work.

So the question is, why is the sport so popular across the pond and not here in the states? Could it be that all the boats are in one class so the spectators can follow along?

This Sunday, SBI will hold a race in front of where the twin towers stood, just two days from the annaversary of 9/11 and I bet there won't be a 1000 spectators. Even though it's free.

There is something fundementally different about the racing overseas and here. There is something that they have and we don't. Or maybe the europeans are just nuts about all motorsports.

Opinions?
Old 09-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow nice shack LOL!

It was nice to find out a some stuff about him.. I was just wondering because i got a email from him asking me if i would be interested in working for him down in ohio.. Now i see this guy is big man in the sport.. I have alot of thinkin to do i guess..

Travis