Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Advice on nortech 36 purchase (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/324852-advice-nortech-36-purchase.html)

allsquaredup 04-06-2015 08:38 PM

Advice on nortech 36 purchase

Hello oso friends. Was hoping for some good advice on purchase of nor tech 36 set up with merc 700's and nxt. I have placed a deposit on one and the deal is conditional on marine survey, mechanical inspection of motors/ drives and ultimately a sea trial. What should I be looking for? Listening for? Etc, etc. I have never owned a cat and last thing I want to do is buy somebody else's problems or a piece of crap!!! Thanks, Mark

Rookie 04-06-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by allsquaredup (Post 4288673)
What should I be looking for?

From reading the beware section you need a paid off, cleared and clean title. If no title make sure a bank doesn't have a lean against it. Apparently it's overlooked quite often.

CLA 04-07-2015 09:18 AM

Clean title for boat and trailer.
Check motors out well. (hours ran @ rpm, whipple upgrades, etc)
Run the boat

Jupiter Sunsation 04-07-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by allsquaredup (Post 4288673)
Hello oso friends. Was hoping for some good advice on purchase of nor tech 36 set up with merc 700's and nxt. I have placed a deposit on one and the deal is conditional on marine survey, mechanical inspection of motors/ drives and ultimately a sea trial. What should I be looking for? Listening for? Etc, etc. I have never owned a cat and last thing I want to do is buy somebody else's problems or a piece of crap!!! Thanks, Mark

Did you inquire about insurance rates (being a first time cat owner)?

Comanche3Six 04-07-2015 10:31 AM

Post a pic of the boat and get a little feedback about the history.

sy goldberg 04-07-2015 10:31 AM

The most important piece of advice ! Take the TRES MARTIN COURSE if you buy the boat.

Brad Zastrow 04-07-2015 10:49 AM

36 Nortechs are great boats. The 700's with NXT drives are very reliable. Scan the ECU for hours and codes. Get a survey also if you are not sure what to look for.

allsquaredup 04-07-2015 10:53 AM

Thanks the boat is being bought through a dealer so liens are not applicable-you are right about pretty and when someone is done with it-thanks

allsquaredup 04-07-2015 10:55 AM

Thanks cla clean title oat and trailer is good-I believe the 700's have stage 1 or even two upgrades-will be having a survey and mechanical inspection completed before the sea trial. Thanks

allsquaredup 04-07-2015 10:57 AM

Thanks did my homework on the insurance before making the offer-it's a lot more than my donzi cc but as they say one must pay to play!! Thanks