Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja Marine Offering Deep Discounts On Factory-Direct Donzi And Fountains Models >

Baja Marine Offering Deep Discounts On Factory-Direct Donzi And Fountains Models

Notices

Baja Marine Offering Deep Discounts On Factory-Direct Donzi And Fountains Models

Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Baja Marine Offering Deep Discounts On Factory-Direct Donzi And Fountains Models

Intriguing sales promotion from Baja Marine​ on Fountain and Donzi offerings, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...untains-models
Old 04-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for posting! Great reading. Good to hear the legal battles have ended between Fountain and Baja. No one brand is everything to all, but all brands often something for everyone. We all have the boats we have for at least one common reason, to have fun! Spring is here, come on summer!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Do they still build ZRC's?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The add says two different prices,

•$100,000 off the Donzi 38 ZR sport boat &
Factory-direct buyers can save $70,000 off at Donzi 38 ZR,

Witch is it?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Do they still build ZRC's?
The last ZRC built was a Hull that was manufactured in Sarasota and transported and rigged in NC after the company relocated there in 2010-ish. In 2014 I ordered a new ZRC hatch from the factory and they actually wound up making me a ZR pleasure hatch by mistake (it wouldn't fit my boat of course). When the factory realized their mistake and tried to locate the mold for the ZRC hatch I was told that it was no where to be found in NC. The story is that somehow none of the ZRC molds made it up to NC after Baja purchased Donzi Marine, and to this day they have no idea where the molds for the ZRC are located. They apparently somehow disappeared from the old Donzi factory in Sarasota during the transition when Donzi was purchased by Baja. Hard to separate fact from fiction but all I know is that Donzi no longer advertises the ZRC in their lineup and when I tried to buy a hatch from them they could not find the mold to make me one. How sad is that
Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
Good news $100,000 discount but how much is the list price?
Why blow a great story/headline with the obvious?

I suspect when you find out a 38 ZR or 42 Lightning is 500K+ you will soon forget that is after 100K rebate!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
The last ZRC built was a Hull that was manufactured in Sarasota and transported and rigged in NC after the company relocated there in 2010-ish. In 2014 I ordered a new ZRC hatch from the factory and they actually wound up making me a ZR pleasure hatch by mistake (it wouldn't fit my boat of course). When the factory realized their mistake and tried to locate the mold for the ZRC hatch I was told that it was no where to be found in NC. The story is that somehow none of the ZRC molds made it up to NC after Baja purchased Donzi Marine, and to this day they have no idea where the molds for the ZRC are located. They apparently somehow disappeared from the old Donzi factory in Sarasota during the transition when Donzi was purchased by Baja. Hard to separate fact from fiction but all I know is that Donzi no longer advertises the ZRC in their lineup and when I tried to buy a hatch from them they could not find the mold to make me one. How sad is that
While it is sad that their best hull has met a mysterious ending, not sure how many they ever sold to begin with. Of the new style ZRC, do you think they made 20 boats in the last 5 years of production? Similar to the 42 PR, it was a low production model, not exactly the one you pin your hopes of saving the company on!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Well I am happy that they are making some new boats.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Very sad. Love the ZRC's. How do you misplace molds?!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Attached Thumbnails Baja Marine Offering Deep Discounts On Factory-Direct Donzi And Fountains Models-david_copperfield.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.