Notices

Shout Out to SnapOn Tools

Old 04-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snap on is nice stuff, I inherited a large set from my father in law, but I haven't seen a truck in my parts for a long time, at work we order through msc , so most of my work tools are proto or Armstrong.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by performancems
My friend and I just buffed and polished our boats using a harbor freight buffer. Mine is a 30ft scarab, his a 26 ft albermarle center console. One buffer lasted about 1.5 boats. Did mine and half of his before returning it to buy another.
Ive learned there is no savings in buying cheapo crap that doesn't last!
Buy it once and forever.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I bought my first Snap on box in 1976, and upgraded in size as needed as time passed. Still have my boxes and tools but keep them in my shop in the basement. we have a great snap on dealer in town and he replaced all my screwdriver handles (black ones) no charge, as they were included in the first set from '76. I plan on passing them on to my boys just as a reminder of their roots! I still buy some of their new products just to have as I don't need the tools on a daily basis any more. I do like my new 1/2 and 3/8 electronic torque wrenches.....
Old 04-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer makes all the difference.my current one sucks. I can pull over a truck elsewhere in town and get better service and pricing. Never had a warranty issue on anything they make, including the wrench I dropped down betweeen the hull amd the inner liner of the boat and wasnt able to retrieve until we lifted the deck over a year later. No questins, handedi me a brand new 1.25" combo wrench, even their chrome is warranted..
Old 04-12-2015, 04:34 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Snap-On oh the mammories..............first, my dad sold his bar and shop and bought a new truck as a dealer, he did very well and we were already hooked on them anyways.
I went with him all the time and it was great fun and he had a vise on his truck and if it was not broke in the right way, he would fix that!

I met my first wife, a hot blonde with a 36" inseam.....damn...when I was a Jr. in High School. Grew up in South Dakota just south of Sioux Falls. Lots of hot Nordic women there.....
She takes me home to meet her folks and low and behold, I already knew her dad. He was a good customer of my dad's at one of the truck shops. He was actually glad to see me......

I think my dad did this for around 5 years as the first two years of the 80's were brutal, so he sold out and bought the bar back again....lol
I don't know how much he made, but he has four diamond rings from it. Rookie of the Year was the first one.

I still have tons of them. I don't have one of everything, it's more like at least two of the set's I like and in some cases, like my favorite ratchets, I have 4 of them.
Standard, metric and every shape and form.

I like chasing down a truck when I see one, and they let me come in and browse. The one's around Wichita know that if they do, and I see something I don't have, I will get it.....I know, it's a sickness.

Clocks, mugs, etc. When my dad passes, hopefully a long time from now, he has the big knives and all the rest that I don't have.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Banned

I was a Snap On dealer for 2 years in the late 80's.....corporate succccked and shoved product down our throats that nobody in my territory qualified for (Inkster Michigan). I walked away nearly 100K in debt that took years to recover from but I still believe in, use and buy their products. It does help that my best friend is still a dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Shout Out to SnapOn Tools-img_1281.jpg  
Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Can anyone here top Brian's tool box? (and look closely at some of the goodies in there!)
Old 04-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Brian41, that's an awesome box. Nice hardware on the shadowboard, too. The $100k was probably worth it not to have to go to Inkster everyday, that town is circling closer and closer to the drain.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

snap on can be a pain to replace. so buy craftsman. or pep-boys house brand. they are also guaranteed for life. (in pep boys it is the life of the receipt though.) with all other guaranteed tools you are guaranteed to USE the guarantee...with snap-on you get to keep working cuz they don't break...