Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess >

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Notices

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Old 04-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Why do the haters feel the need to crawl right up Phil's ass?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Ok so enough about his work I don't care about that. Yes this is America and everybody has the right to start a business. Is his business legal? Does he have a Tax ID number? Does he pay taxes? Is his shop OSHA compliant?
No! He's operating an illegal paint and glass shop.

One would think a journalist would do a quick search of public record before writing a story about a phony company.

As for the quality of the work..... Well, we have seen enough of that to make an informed opinion.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I thought. I could probably afford a Cigarette if I didn't have to pay taxes.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
No! He's operating an illegal paint and glass shop.

One would think a journalist would do a quick search of public record before writing a story about a phony company.

As for the quality of the work..... Well, we have seen enough of that to make an informed opinion.
Thank you for the advice on how to do my job. Seems just about everyone knows how to do it sometimes, but that comes with the territory and that's something I have to accept.

In point of fact, I did do a search of the New York State Department of Consumer Protection, here's what I found, http://search.dos.ny.gov/search?q=up...eet=NYSDOS&oe=.

Nothing.

Now, while I am not defending nor condemning Upstate Powerboat, I guarantee that if I were to investigate non-compliance in various areas in marine industry businesses I would find a healthy amount of it. That doesn't make it "right,' but it's reality.

The owner of the Cafe Racer also sent me an extensive text on how pleased he was with the work. If the owner is pleased, I'm sure not sure why anyone else would care. But I do have a suspicion why, and I'm guessing that Mr. Hess came out somewhat cocky and that ruffled some feathers. Cocky never plays all that well, especially from an unproven 20-something. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure he's not the first 20-something to commit that sin.

I'm done. Again, as always, caveat emptor.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
All good, I just defend when people can be screwed that's all, when you get screwed it sucks and he's gonna walk all the way to the bank... That don't sit well with me... That's why i say stuff
Being you bought zero boats from him but two people did and are both very happy. I would say your opinion holds little weight with anyone but you.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Douse any one know what brand of spray paint he uses?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Thank you for the advice on how to do my job. Seems just about everyone knows how to do it sometimes, but that comes with the territory and that's something I have to accept.

In point of fact, I did do a search of the New York State Department of Consumer Protection, here's what I found, http://search.dos.ny.gov/search?q=up...eet=NYSDOS&oe=.

Nothing.

Now, while I am not defending nor condemning Upstate Powerboat, I guarantee that if I were to investigate non-compliance in various areas in marine industry businesses I would find a healthy amount of it. That doesn't make it "right,' but it's reality.

The owner of the Cafe Racer also sent me an extensive text on how pleased he was with the work. If the owner is pleased, I'm sure not sure why anyone else would care. But I do have a suspicion why, and I'm guessing that Mr. Hess came out somewhat cocky and that ruffled some feathers. Cocky never plays all that well, especially from an unproven 20-something. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure he's not the first 20-something to commit that sin.

I'm done. Again, as always, caveat emptor.
So, you did a search and found that there is no company.

Me too.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

I say we call Immigration and have phil Deported unless he can produca birth certificate in the next 24 hours.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Douse any one know what brand of spray paint he uses?
Pretty sure he uses the PPG line, for what that's worth.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Nice ! Is this were we tie him to a stake and light him on fire !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.