Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess >

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Notices

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Old 04-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Pretty sure he uses the PPG line, for what that's worth.
Ok becouse I only what to use the stuff that the pro's use when I start my one off boat paint shop.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Being you bought zero boats from him but two people did and are both very happy. I would say your opinion holds little weight with anyone but you.
Obviously the standards of the cafe buyer are not too picky... Oh well again I am not the only one saying this....
Old 04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 4,294 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Good read Matt, thanx for contributing.
I still don't understand the haters. They said Phil wouldn't make it. . They said the byers were going to be ripped off. They said they were looking out for the unsuspecting buyers .. etc etc
Seems everyone involved is pretty happy so I fail to see the problem. Now we've moved on to a new issue? Wipe the egg off your faces and move on already.
Jealousy can be a strong emotion I guess. Haters always hate..I never let it stop me . Hope Phil doesn't either. Good luck.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-12-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Good read Matt, thanx for contributing.
I still don't understand the haters. They said Phil wouldn't make it. . They said the byers were going to be ripped off. They said they were looking out for the unsuspecting buyers .. etc etc
Seems everyone involved is pretty happy so I fail to see the problem. Now we've moved on to a new issue? Wipe the egg off your faces and move on already.
Jealousy can be a strong emotion I guess. Haters always hate..I never let it stop me . Hope Phil doesn't either. Good luck.
+1.....

You do realize some of these early, legendary offshores were slapped together right? Could you imagine questioning Ben Kramer or Don Aronow about their business license and lack of quality? Safe to say, if you lived they wouldn't sell you another boat.......quality control right there!

This kid is probably the only 21 yr old in the nation restoring Cigarettes good, bad or ugly. Sure he won't be Phil "Lipship" in his first few boats but then again he isn't charging Lipship rates either. Let the kid work, if he is successful he might be the new Lipship of the North!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Quality work or not....750's behind XR's in a straight bottom Gun probably isn't going to result in a satisfied customer

Last edited by JaayTeee; 04-12-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he is going to do it he needs to do it legally. The last thing he needs when starting a new business is the Tax Man seizing all his assets for failure to pay taxes. Only Al Sharpton gets away with not paying his taxes.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Obviously the standards of the cafe buyer are not too picky... Oh well again I am not the only one saying this....
The top gun owners is a owner of many boats and speaks highly of his work.

Were you perfect the first few times you did something?

Pretty sad what you guys are doing to the youth. It's no wonder this hobby is fading.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:48 PM
mmb
Registered

Paint job looks good! As I said before he will only get better... Just hope he stops the false advertising. And where did all these dyno numbers come from??? Last i remembered they basically repainted some stock 454's
Old 04-12-2015, 02:49 PM
mmb
Registered

Maybe the engine builder can chime in with the dyno results?
Old 04-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Quality work or not....750's behind XR's in a straight bottom Gun probably isn't going to result in a satisfied customer

Who's request was that? If it was the new/current owner than why is a future drive issue Phils fault?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.