Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Notices

Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Old 09-09-2002, 06:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KAAMA,

If you might need a little help on the boat,give me a shout!

I'm sure we can work something out!!! (hint,hint!!)
Old 09-09-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

Wow what an awesome showing at Hardy. It was nice meeting a large number of OSO people. Waterfoul you are welcome along anytime. I found a beach towel onboard that is not ours let me know if you are missing one. We were unable to make it on sunday because, my wife caught a cold and did not want to be out in the heat. Tink when are you going to be done for the year?
Hopefully we can make it out again. Dwight
Old 09-09-2002, 02:48 PM
MIdnightRider

That was pretty fun. It was my first time there(for the get together). Thanks to Dale Korhorn "Cougar Dale" for loaning me his 3/4 Monster to haul midnght there and back (he had his kids so he decided not to go). Saw allot of people I knew, was able to race a few people, I think we saw maybe 84mph up there, the water is way to flat. But we did get to party and have a good time. Sorry to Mr. Gadgets friends in that Maxum. It was pulled right up on shore by us after the accident, its a miracle no one was killed. Midnight

PS- Next year I think we will bring our own girls!!

Old 09-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Midnight Rider,

Dude, your boats a MONSTER!!

I was leaving when you were backing your boat down the ramp!!

Sure would like a ride in the rough stuff one day to see how she rides!

Old 09-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Registered

Wow it was a good time Sunday, saw a lot of boats but didn't see any names on boats that I've seen on the board.I think I saw hotboat but no one around. Sorry to hear about Mr. Gadgits freinds, wow what a bummer, was that the freinds that were at G.H races last weekend? If you boat does'nt run at least 90mph there was no reason to run anybody,and hey I thought you're to pass boats on the left, gezzzzzzzz,Got mine to run 75mph on the gps and I was sloooowwww.man gotta raise that x-dim. wish I could have been there sat. to meet some members,maybe next time.did anyone see me? 24' aero offshore lowdeck ,red sides and white top, with an aero style scoop ,howed it sound? can you hear the whipple? and come on no jokes please!
Old 09-09-2002, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts
Thumbs up Sun. only

We only made it up there for Sun.'s festivities ,sounds like we missed alot of you.Still an awful lot of cool rides to watch Sunday.Sorry to hear about your flood Waterfoul,and very very sorry to hear about the accident.Wish a quick recovery to those involved!!!!!!To those who weren't there Sun. ,you missed the airshow...Tinkerboater-nice talking to ya and compliments on your Scarab!
Old 09-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whitey--
as long as the weather holds up I'm not done yet.
I don't know why the Egt quit ( it isn't the display so it must be the thermocouples or the interconnecting wires ) Oh well -This late in the season if they blow they blow. They are both coming out this fall to do a little more TINKERING. See if I can get the tank to do 85 GPS.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:04 PM
BK
Registered

Hi Tinkerboater ~

Was your boat the white Scarab with the pastel triangles and cube designs on the side?

If so, Nice boat!

We messed up by making plans at the last minute -- I would have loved to meet more of you. Maybe next time!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah Whitey, that American Flag towel is mine. Realized I left it on your boat about half way home. Give me a call next time you're around this way and we'll work something out.

616-540-1224
Old 09-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure bummed out that I didnt get to meet all the OSO family present up there at Hardy!!! I was hoping that the evening would bring out some meetings, but after dinner we turned down the boat ride and went to bed for a good nite's sleep.. But as things turned out we were thankful that no one was killed from campfire dinner.. I have not heard an update as to how everyone is doing, but I will try and find out and let everyone know.

On Sunday I cleaned out the damaged boat and after that was just not in the mood to boat. It is ironic that seven years ago the couple that owned the boat from this weekend's accident were going to ride with me and passed on the invitation. That was the ride when my outdrive fell off at 80+mph and I took the ride to the hospital. But as fate would have it, we are all still here and breathing, thank God!

Well I guess all I can say is "Next time"!! I hope to meet OSO people. That was the main reason I headed for Hardy, cause I dont usually have very good luck up there.. On a good note, my boat ran all day Saturday and I leaned on it every chance I could. So I guess my luck has turned!! Finally..

A big welcome to all the visitors from OSO that made it to the Hardy Party.. Hope to see you all there next year!!

Dick

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam---exelent turnout...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.