Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion? >

whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?

Notices

whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?

Old 04-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
Diesel, 84 mph, arnesons, cummins, 2 miles per gallon at 80 mph.. What else do you need?
That was an awesome run! Did you resolve the prop blade breaking issue?
Old 04-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Looking for something with arnesons on it and a large cockpit, for a diesel conversion wondering whats out there? There was a white scarab on loto with arnesons and n/a big blocks but its not in the classifieds any longer, there was a big cig i think 45ft with seatecs and arnesons thats no longer in the classifieds either... thanks for any info, rm
How big of a boat do you want? I know of a 80's 32' Excalibur that is super clean- originally rigged with 502's and Arnesons. Currently no power but otherwise complete including trans, drives, gen, AC, decent cabin with head including shower. Only Ex that I have seen with this much space and rigging.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
How big of a boat do you want? I know of a 80's 32' Excalibur that is super clean- originally rigged with 502's and Arnesons. Currently no power but otherwise complete including trans, drives, gen, AC, decent cabin with head including shower. Only Ex that I have seen with this much space and rigging.
I would like to see pics and get more info, i was looking for something around 38 to 41ft, but havent found anything yet.

One concern i have is the relationship of the crank centerline to the input on the drives. Thx. Rm

Last edited by iliveonanisland; 04-27-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Phil

I recently spent some time on Bob's boat and it is everything he claims it is.

It may be bigger than you are looking for but in the end everyone goes with a bigger boat. It would give you a lot more range and an available road to other places to explore with the range.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Worth checking as my #6 were mounted 2 1/2" off the crank centre line, using a gearbox with a drop and a chain box gives you loads of adjustment as the gearbox can be swung a hole or two either way to offset the output to the drive.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

40 feet cummins, arneson, 2 mpg, 84 mph
Attached Thumbnails whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_5336.jpg   whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_4208.jpg   whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_4213.jpg  

whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_4215.jpg  
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Phil

I recently spent some time on Bob's boat and it is everything he claims it is.

It may be bigger than you are looking for but in the end everyone goes with a bigger boat. It would give you a lot more range and an available road to other places to explore with the range.
its an awesome boat, but out of my price range!

Im lookimg for an older hull with arneson drives that i can put some old mech fi cummins in... i can get decent cummins support down here, but would buy the boat and rig it in the states and ship it down...

that things a beast big yellow cat... what hp 485? A side
Old 04-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 999JAY
Worth checking as my #6 were mounted 2 1/2" off the crank centre line, using a gearbox with a drop and a chain box gives you loads of adjustment as the gearbox can be swung a hole or two either way to offset the output to the drive.
Jay can u post a pic of ur gear box set up, i doubt what bolts to the back of a bbc will mate to a cummins
Old 04-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

As far as I know all of the nor techs were built with the asd8s that are straight out drives with no drop box. More than likely I would guess that bob is running zf280 transmissions. That was a very common combination that we used at Mastry engine center on several applications. Many of our installations ran 1.5 ratio gears but they were on slower boats. He may have something more like a 1.18 ratio
Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Green outer outline shows the gearbox OD and inner line is the drop output
Red is the dropbox so between the two you have vertical and horizontal adjustment.[ATTACH=CONFIG]540527[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_2181.jpg   whats out there in a perf hull with arnesons for s diesel conversion?-img_2179.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.