Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What  is the coolest  thing  that  you  have ever  done in  a boat lell  me the story >

What is the coolest thing that you have ever done in a boat lell me the story

Notices

What is the coolest thing that you have ever done in a boat lell me the story

Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raceboat rus
Please tell me of what is the coolest thing that you have ever done in a boat? This should be interesting...,
let me tell you mine....

Many year ago I took a good friend of mines son out for a boat ride he was about 21 years old but due to some very strong situations with juvenile diabetes he looked like he was 12 and had also lost his site . While we were out we got stopped by the marine patrol for an inspection . There the Deputy saw that the young man was blind . He bid us a good day and we went on to cruise the chain of lakes. We went around for a while and then I thought it was time to put this young man behind the wheel . He had not driven since the loss of his site . We went around and he got the hang of it well . I guided him with hand signals on his shoulders , I even got him to do some speed runs .
Ahead I saw the marine patrol and I guided the young man to speed up to go right and then left to correct. We increased speed till we were well above 80mph , we passed the deputy and I waved the boys white cain as this young man was ripping passed the marine patrol at over 80 mph . The deputy looked shocked but he did not make chase . The young man and I rode some more and when we got back to the dock there the deputy was waiting . He looked at me strange for a while then I said do not just sit their help me carry my boy back to the truck. The young man was exsausted as his health was failing due to his strong diabetes. The deputy helped me carry the young guy to the truck and on the way back to the boat he said “ I thought to give you a ticket but if you showed up in court I do not know that I could explain that a blind boy passed me driving a boat over 80 mph”. The Deputy was quiet the rest of the walk till he got back in his boat . He said “ that was pretty cool but don’t do it again”… That’s the coolest thing I ever done in a boat. I taught a blind kid to drive a boat over 80 mph. That young man carried that experience with him for only a few more years till he was laid to rest . I am glad that I and my boat was able to give him that experiemce .
What an awesome story that most of us can only hope and aspire to replicate.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is good to see that there are great thinsg being done with your boats , keep up the good work/fun. we would love to hear about some more cool things that you have done with your boat......
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

For anyone in the Tampa Bay area this event is amazing "Boat Kids".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boat-...61697860583374

I have had the honor of lending my boat and could not be happier about the people, event, and how it is put together. Top notch all the way around.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Play with the babies Grandmother.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 4,270 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I almost cracked a smile once..almost
Old 05-22-2015, 08:34 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Play with the babies Grandmother.
are you saying you did your partners mother?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I almost cracked a smile once..almost
Get 15 or 20 years older and you can put on a real frown, lol!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Registered

Took my great niece and great nephew for a moderately fast run in moderate chop in the Baja. They rode in the cuddy and every time we hit a wave they went airborn and would fly for a few seconds, yelling 'weeeeee!!!!!!!!!!' the whole time.

It was priceless, and unforgettable.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:11 AM
Registered

Received 907 Likes on 303 Posts

Outran the law... Local DNR boat with twin 300's wanted to race. We had just locked through together, and I was carefully passing him while getting on plane. He signaled to get on it... I signaled back, "you first", and it was on. He topped out at about 70mph, I flashed the See Ya sign and put a mile on him. Have a good pic of us pulling away.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
For anyone in the Tampa Bay area this event is amazing "Boat Kids".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boat-...61697860583374

I have had the honor of lending my boat and could not be happier about the people, event, and how it is put together. Top notch all the way around.
It is an honor and a privilege to be able to bring joy to others, especially a young person

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.