Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memorial day carnage (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/326582-memorial-day-carnage.html)

Gladhe8er 05-26-2015 10:45 AM

Lost a trailer bearing cap on way to ramp. Dunked it in anyways. One repacked bearing on the first weekend is not bad...some of you guys had it a lot worse!

Wobble 05-26-2015 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cole2534 (Post 4308624)
G'dam son. I give you crap but I hate to see that. Dropped valve?

I am sorry for your bad luck, I have seen that twice recently, one was a bad valve guide that wore out and let the valve get jammed broke off went across the intake and busted the opposite cylinder too, second was a water leak in the exhaust that took all the lube out of the valve guide and it stuck.

I am assuming you have bronze valve guides. Hope you figure the problem out quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541462[/ATTACH] Lake Houston Dam yesterday

Rollin1405 05-26-2015 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by DucBoy (Post 4308757)
I broke my all-time speed record, even with full tanks, 4 people, and only 5# boost!! Still dialing it in, loving the new blowers!!

What did you run?

bill63 05-26-2015 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was at 6 am this morning in Tenn. hope she makes it back to Michigan on 5. Bummer we bent the axle.

CDShack 05-26-2015 11:34 AM

lost IAC on the ski boat. They don't idle with a crap without it!!! haha!

Speedracer29 05-26-2015 12:39 PM

Problem- helm seal leaking. Solution- replace helm seal. Time allotted- 1hr (ha!!!)
Result- fail due to cheap puller (not in photo, threw it across yard)
2nd attempt- 3 jaw puller, modified on bench grinder.
Result- fail. Aluminum hub seized to helm shaft, confirmed.
3rd attempt- angle grinder, cut off wheel, modified puller
Result- partial success. Destroyed hub, excellent reason to buy new wheel/hub. Helm seal replaced, no leak detected.
http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...psyko3puwt.jpg

frickstyle 05-26-2015 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ducboy (Post 4308757)
i broke my all-time speed record, even with full tanks, 4 people, and only 5# boost!! Still dialing it in, loving the new blowers!!

need details.

DucBoy 05-26-2015 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4308880)
need details.

I did it chasing the Coast Guard (really!!!)!! I was stuck at Shooters waiting for the bridge so they did a safety on me (didn't board - I was fully sober and had everything). We gave each other some good-natured ribbing waiting for the bridge. When the bridge went up, they edged to the front and I got stuck behind a searay that would have made a asscar teammate proud for its blocking job. CG hit the sticks at the mouth and took off at WOT, I finally got around the SR and took off after them. They made the turn into the station just as I caught up. Still some dialing to do (running way rich) and I probably need to take 2 teeth out of the blower pully (I'm thinking 7.5# is where I want to be with 30 degre advance and 8.5# static compression on 1471s, with intercooler (tripple water pump pushing a ton of water through dual -12 in and out on TBS intercoolers - flow rate is so high I get just 10# water pressure at 5500 rpm) and aluminum heads running 90 octane.

Wobble 05-26-2015 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by DucBoy (Post 4308917)
I did it chasing the Coast Guard (really!!!)!! I was stuck at Shooters waiting for the bridge so they did a safety on me (didn't board - I was fully sober and had everything). We gave each other some good-natured ribbing waiting for the bridge. When the bridge went up, they edged to the front and I got stuck behind a searay that would have made a asscar teammate proud for its blocking job. CG hit the sticks at the mouth and took off at WOT, I finally got around the SR and took off after them. They made the turn into the station just as I caught up. Still some dialing to do (running way rich) and I probably need to take 2 teeth out of the blower pully (I'm thinking 7.5# is where I want to be with 30 degre advance and 8.5# static compression on 1471s, with intercooler (tripple water pump pushing a ton of water through dual -12 in and out on TBS intercoolers - flow rate is so high I get just 10# water pressure at 5500 rpm) and aluminum heads running 90 octane.

So you didn't catch the CG boat running nearly 60mph? :evilb:

DucBoy 05-26-2015 03:12 PM

Actually, he runs over 70 (it was the new one, not the outboards), had a 2-3 minute head start from the mouth of the river, and it was less than a mile, so no, I didn't catch him....