Notices

Memorial day carnage

Old 05-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...but I'm still running and I might next time!!!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by DucBoy
I did it chasing the Coast Guard (really!!!)!! I was stuck at Shooters waiting for the bridge so they did a safety on me (didn't board - I was fully sober and had everything). We gave each other some good-natured ribbing waiting for the bridge. When the bridge went up, they edged to the front and I got stuck behind a searay that would have made a asscar teammate proud for its blocking job. CG hit the sticks at the mouth and took off at WOT, I finally got around the SR and took off after them. They made the turn into the station just as I caught up. Still some dialing to do (running way rich) and I probably need to take 2 teeth out of the blower pully (I'm thinking 7.5# is where I want to be with 30 degre advance and 8.5# static compression on 1471s, with intercooler (tripple water pump pushing a ton of water through dual -12 in and out on TBS intercoolers - flow rate is so high I get just 10# water pressure at 5500 rpm) and aluminum heads running 90 octane.
Well, great news for you. Hopefully we'll get to run by the end of the summer. A few more snags in my project, hopeful to make your run, but it's not looking very good.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Well, great news for you. Hopefully we'll get to run by the end of the summer. A few more snags in my project, hopeful to make your run, but it's not looking very good.
Dude! Say it isn't so! Is it the hatch? Those engines and that engine compartment are so pretty you should have just gone with a plexiglass hatch!! (like a Ferrari F-430!).
Old 05-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Registered

A Combination of everything. Too many people involved doing different things to finish it up, it only adds time. Hopeful to splash her in July now (was June, but I'm used to the disappointment by now).
Old 05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
A Combination of everything. Too many people involved doing different things to finish it up, it only adds time. Hopeful to splash her in July now (was June, but I'm used to the disappointment by now).
That sucks. If you need a ride to tide you over, let me know. I'm supposed to do some tune in time with Dean in the next week or so if you want to ride along...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Weather was crap. That was the worst part. Finally found a hole in the forecast on Monday afternoon. Not my favorite day to go out on Memorial Day, but it's better than nothing.

Started the motors and backed off the trailer. Port motor won't stay running. Fouled plugs. Crap. Managed to get them cleared up enough to run it for the day.

Starter on port motor was dragong intermitantly and would stop cranking on occasion. Great, time to buy a new starter. Managed to get through the day. Went to pull it tonight. Found a loose nut on the main battery cable to starter. Even better, no need to remove starter and have rebuilt. Problem solved.

Still have to replace spark plugs.

Buck
Old 05-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Man,
That truly sucks sorry to see that...
I worked around the house most of the weekend, went tubing in the Hydrostream on Sat, took my youngest and her bf, got rained on a little on the way back to the dock.
Carnage: Stereo Head stopped working in the Hydrostream, but I got extended warranty on it at West Marine, exchanging it this evening after work.....
Picked up new stereo from West Marine last night, going to install it in the Talon, and put the old 1 out of the Talon, into the Hydrostream. Now the stereo in the Talon is all brand new!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DucBoy
That sucks. If you need a ride to tide you over, let me know. I'm supposed to do some tune in time with Dean in the next week or so if you want to ride along...
Hell yes I would. I was gonna ask if I could get a ride this season. I have never been in a 42' OL, wanted to compare ride quality with that and some other models (T/S Top Gun), for future plans....

Really like the idea of an Outerlimits in a couple years.....
Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
This was at 6 am this morning in Tenn. hope she makes it back to Michigan on 5. Bummer we bent the axle.
What kind of axles are you running? I have a few extras laying around... not too far away from ya when you get back home
Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

No issues... had a good weekend, well Sunday. Rained Monday and did the family BBQ thing on Saturday. Speed still not where I am expecting. Need to swap some blades, but all in all, weekend was problem free....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.