Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going? >

C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Notices

C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Old 09-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bad weather day is Sunday the 15th. I hope these weather guys are wrong about the weekend. There are no plans to run the following weekend if this weekend doesn’t happen. If Saturday is cancelled there will still be a lunch at the DIVERSEY YACHT CLUB. The pictures will be there to view.

If this weekend were cancelled would anyone like to get something together for the following weekend. It wouldn't be a C.O.P.S. run just a group of boats having fun. We could throw a Michigan City run together with little planning. We could tie off at the municipal wall in MC and walk across the drawbridge and eat at Matty's. There is no slip charge there and we could order off the menu. Bridges is about a 2-block walk and they have great grilled Hot Dogs and Burgers. Bridges is a small place with 8-10 slips at the restaurant. We could tie off boats at the wall and boat pool! Another idea would be Pastrick Marina. They have a long wall to tie off to and have let boats raft before. Any input would be appreciated. I want this summer to go as long as it can. November 15th was my last boating day last year. I hope the weather will hold out for us.

Dan

This is a picture of the wall at Pastrick. Sorry about the boats that got in the way of my cool shot!
Attached Thumbnails C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?-wallofboatsoso.jpg  
Old 09-10-2002, 10:15 PM
wes29

Talking

I'll be there in a 29 PQ (weather providing). I should have about 2-4 people with me. I look forward to meeting all of you OSO members! Thanks again for the help Dan!

Old 09-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

This is the wall at Michigan City.
Attached Thumbnails C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?-troutlyoso.jpg  
Old 09-10-2002, 10:21 PM
wes29

Dan that sounds like a great idea! Keep me posted if you decide to pull something together.

Old 09-10-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

wes29,
Glad to be of help. I do need to warn you that these runs can become very expensive. Just when you think your boat is perfect a 47' Fountain with Triple’s pulls up. See you on Saturday weather gods permitting.
Dan
Old 09-11-2002, 01:33 AM
Registered

PWRQWST,
Are you sure you want to go to North Point? I would think Hammond would be much closer. How close are you to 57?
I can get you exact directions if you want. North Point is 56.7 miles north of Hammond. Diversey is 17.7 miles north of Hammond. Hammond would be approximately 168 miles from Clinton. North Point would be 207 miles.
Dan
Old 09-11-2002, 06:57 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the weather is good you can count us in for 1 boat and 2 people.
This morning i saw 1 forecasts, 1 says 75 8mph S winds and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. The other says 20mph out of the North and 71. I guess it depends when the front moves throuugh. I was thinking about running from Portage, maybe putting in at Hammond would be better.

We won't be able to make it on Sunday if the run is delayed.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:23 AM
Registered

I'm in.
31 Excalibur, 3 people.
That is if, I can get my trim tab pump fixed.

DS
Old 09-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered

Payton,
I like the first forecast. Lets hope its another great weekend.

Zanie,
I hope you get it fixed. Where are you launching that day?
Dan
Old 09-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Registered

You can count me in, I will be launching from Northpoint.
1 Boat 2 to 4 people. (26 Donzi ZX)
I plan on leaving Northpoint around 10:00, I know that there are others that are planning on leaving from there around the same time if any would like to go down as a group I would lets start to work on that.

My cell is 847-691-2533

Quick Reply: C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.