Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I can't believe all the pontoons >

I can't believe all the pontoons

Notices

I can't believe all the pontoons

Old 05-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I would rock the **** out of a toon too if I lived on a lake.

Since it is salt / Gulf her a CC will do.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Speak for yourself.
Next time you are out on the water, just look around. Us old folks can get around a boat.....don't need no stinking floating porches. It the fatties who need them. Most folks I see in pontoon boats won't fit in a bolster.

Padraig
Old 05-31-2015, 07:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Vodka / Tonic and a Cigar (or weed) has a different reaction than Tequila and Cocaine ? Hah !
Old 05-31-2015, 08:04 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Come down here all the dealers selling glass carry a wakeboard boat line. Take bass pro out of the mix for / pontoon boats sales and the # 1 selling boat in my area is the wakeboard boats and next is Yamaha jet drive boats. Nothing else comes close except pontoon boats.

Bass Pro sell boat lines to a one time entry level buyer. Tracker Pontoons is very poor quality and so is the Tahoe Rec family boats. Junk but they sell a crap load.

Last edited by BUP; 05-31-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I remember when 45 mph on water was considered pretty fast. If I boated in smoother waters I'd definitely own one.

Tons of room, comfortable seating/lounging, very stable, economical and none of my guests (read freeloading friends) would ever complain as they enjoy the ride and a few amenities. Easy to keep the family happy and if you can dump the family for the weekend they're still a great party boat!

RR

P.S I am oldish but not fat..........yet!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I know some of them are faster but I still don't get it for a primary boat. If you need the space you can buy a deckboat and have a real boat. Save the toons for the evening or partying at anchor. I also understand they aren't my daddy's 'toons but very few are really fast and those seem like a waste. They really clog up my local lake sometimes so that the boats that want to run around the lake can't even run their boats because 'toons are idling around all over the lake!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Padraig
Next time you are out on the water, just look around. Us old folks can get around a boat.....don't need no stinking floating porches. It the fatties who need them. Most folks I see in pontoon boats won't fit in a bolster.

Padraig
im goint to tell ya .. ive seen some dam nice looking people on pontoon boats .. and usually lots to choose to look at .. id say ive seen more hot *****es on party toons than any go fast boats .. .
Old 05-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way im looking for a new toon to park the go fast next to n lounge around on .. bring my newfies , crank some toons .. and enjoy the day .. i must be too fat for the fountain .. dammit honey quit with the beer .... already
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't tell you how much I hate pontoon boats trying to go fast. We have been blessed to have a cottage on an inland lake and we have a number of higher horsepower pontoons -- what the major problem IMO are the drivers don't seem to have a sense of how much real estate they are taking up. Most of the time it is someone pulling the kids around on a tube or skiing. I really don't care -- let everyone have a great time - but when they try to go back and forth they take such a huge swat of lake that no one can get around them safely. Instead of staying closer to shore- within reason-- they do these gyrations in the middle of the lake. DRIVES ME CRAZY

Another issue that we have is that they "raft up"-- great!!! They have found a quiet cove and have a great time swimming etc. The problem that we have experienced is that they will spend a good portion of the day like this - get liquored up and then try to drive to their dock -- Lord knows that I've hoisted a few - but NEVER when I know that I'm going to get behind any kind of wheel -- It is never worth the risk.

Just this Saturday- my daughter and I were going around the lake not fast about 30 mph. A jet ski was dead in the water and before I knew it - he was within 10ft of my bow. Luckily I pulled back on the throttle and was able to turn to avoid hitting him. The guy had no concept where he was at nor what he just did. We slowed way down and watched him make it to shore -- Needless to say he had one heck of a time getting off the jet ski and walking up to his house-- He was loaded.

Boating during the week is my preference - No one is around!

3pointstar
Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have a problem with toons. Different strokes for different folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.