Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I can't believe all the pontoons >

I can't believe all the pontoons

Notices

I can't believe all the pontoons

Old 06-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, you know once you are done running around at 80mph in the Donzi you would like to sit and chill out. That's when you realize that the front seats aren't very comfortable and you really can't stretch out on the rear bench. There is the bow but that gets a little tricky stepping over the windshield. Been there, done that. Don't have a pontoon.....yet
Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Saw a tri-toon at Marine Max with 2 300 verados strapped to the back of it, salesman said it would do 78-80mph The price tag on it was160k !!!
I spoke to the salesman about it at the Dallas Boat Show, and was told the same thing. I noticed it's still sitting on their lot in Lewisville last week. It was very nice boat, but 160K? There were a couple of them at the show well into 100K plus range with two big motors hanging off of them.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Those things would last 10 minutes in the chop on Long Island Sound.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by jvcobra
Come on, you know once you are done running around at 80mph in the Donzi you would like to sit and chill out. That's when you realize that the front seats aren't very comfortable and you really can't stretch out on the rear bench. There is the bow but that gets a little tricky stepping over the windshield. Been there, done that. Don't have a pontoon.....yet
That's true but we make do. My "head" is a Powerade bottle if too many people around . There won't be a toon in my future unless I move onto an inland lake. Then it will have an upper deck, diving board and water slide! I won't be the moron idling around either when people want to tube or ski or just run their boats around the lake. I'll be anchored in the middle supplying the tunes and brewskis.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 06-03-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know nuttin. Plain nuttin. Bah.

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/se...ke-126730.html
Old 06-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminds me of the "urban legend" about the guy who ran his boat with the trailer still strapped underneath it.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by texaschopper
I spoke to the salesman about it at the Dallas Boat Show, and was told the same thing. I noticed it's still sitting on their lot in Lewisville last week. It was very nice boat, but 160K? There were a couple of them at the show well into 100K plus range with two big motors hanging off of them.
Yep still there, I also remember being told they de-tuned it so it would stay with in the 78-80 mph range - not sure the validity to that, just thought it didn't sound right !
Old 06-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jvcobra
One of the reasons that I like the layout of the cockpit in my boat. It may not be the fastest, newest, or smoothest ride, but I have enough room between the front and back seats to stretch my legs out or even put a large cooler with legroom to spare. I looked at upgrading to something newer several times, but almost every type of go-fast that I saw smaller than a 35 footer had backseat legroom somewhat akin to what I have in my Camaro. I spend 90* of my time in the cockpit, so it's nice to have some room in it. I can definitely see the attraction to all the seating and walk-around room that a pontoon affords. My biggest gripe about them would be towing them. They look like they would absolutely suck to trailer and tow them. I would think wind resistance might be a factor when towing them. I don't have any personal experience so I may be way off base here. Once in the water, I can definitely see the attraction, especially to those of us who are not "afflicted" with the addiction to shiny paint and the rumble of a big block.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

For sale, two Baja's 208 and 38.

Will take nice toon in on trade................
Old 06-03-2015, 07:23 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Jeesh......no great pontoon photo's yet.

I'll start:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.