Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bravo to Arneson Conversion? >

Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Notices

Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Old 08-13-2002, 12:28 PM
ssherman

Default Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Has anyone done this? I would love to read about this.....anyone know a web address for arneson? anybody have 30+ v's with arnesons?

Old 08-13-2002, 12:33 PM
blackhawk

http://www.arneson-industries.com/

I've dreamed about it on several occasions! It actually isn't that expensive when you compare apples to apples. Your entire gimbal assy is replaced along with your drive and you have external steering.

Old 08-13-2002, 03:03 PM
ssherman

spoke to rick @ arneson $28,500 for total kit (both) I could sell off full Marine Machine Steering new xr's and all transom hardware. I figure I could get 12-15k for that so for 15k out of pocket i could go arnesons ........is it worth it? thats about 4-5 broken bravos doesnt seem like that much when you look at it that way......Do you guys think I am accurate in my value on my equipment? Goodfella?

Old 08-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ssherman You have a long Dive platform Right ? With the Arnesons you will need it!
Nice drives BTW And they have a good Propeller program also ,A real Smart group of People out there.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$15K for a faster boat and drives that won't break. Hmmmmm. Good question.

NEXT!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:05 PM
ssherman

Steve1.........Do i have that drive platform??? Just something to ponder while i am waiting for my new 41 Warrior.

Old 08-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane,
Talk to me this weekend about it if you make it to the lake. I'm looking at swapping out the Kaamas for ASD6s on the Excalibur cat that's for sale.
Gary
Old 08-13-2002, 04:58 PM
Registered

Shane.... bro, you ain't ever going to get that thing back in the water if you keep changing things! Hurry up, I need something to drive for the shootout!
Old 08-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

I too have kinda pondered the idea.

Do you need to move the engine and mounts and re-drill in the stringers? Do you need a tranny?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

How would the switch from Bravos, which sit relatively deep in the water, to Arnesons (surface piercing) affect the handling of a given boat?

I seem to remember there being some talk of issues with the TS Top Guns with surface drives and bigger power? I'm just thinking it could be a nasty surprise to bolt up the new $30K drives and find out the boat gets all squirrelly...

Quick Reply: Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.