Like Tree12Likes

An Observation About Class...

Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 98 Baja 36 Outlaw
Default An Observation About Class...

Me and my girlfriend Christine just got back from doing the Erie Poker Run. We were once again reminded of the high level of class that many of the fellow boaters that buy these big loud obnoxious go fast boats have. We arrived at the launch ramp which had a rather steep drop from the lot. A beneficial heads up was given that some of the longer boats/trailers were scraping on the edge. That being said, there is a nice squat to the back of my truck when hooked up to the boat despite it being a 3500. We had a small army of fellow boaters lend us assistance. A fellow by the name of Jeff Morgan quickly offered up the use of his truck to launch my boat because it has a lift. Never met the guy before and within 30 seconds this is his offer. We also had several others explain that an angled approach might work. So we gave that a try first. Taking Jeff up on his offer as a backup plan. The angled approach worked with the assistance of others guiding me back. Never scraped. Needless to say we got to know Jeff and these other boaters very well over the next two days.

Now its time to pull out. The same concern existed. Yet another person whom we had just met this weekend offered to loan us his raised hitch for extra clearance. This was OSO member John Montgomery. We used the hitch, never came close to scraping and found that the trailer sits pretty level with it.

Despite it being a non poker run due to the weather, people like Jeff & Sandy, John, Steve & Christine, Tony, Kevin & Tish, Tony from Speedonthewater, and soo many others are what makes these events enjoyable. Everybody we met were willing to let us climb aboard their boat or have a beverage with them. Especially those crazy Fireball guys with the Nortech...

Last edited by RollWithIt; 06-07-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2009 Active Thunder 37 Excess

That ramp was a challenge, my Myco was hitting. Backed down sideways also.

Glad you got some help, lot of good people there for sure!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 97 Fountain 24CS

It's amazing how friendly strangers can be when there's a common cause amongst them; everyone just wants a nice day on the water, and we're all willing to chip in to get as many people out there with us as possible.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212-- MAD PROPS

Always nice to hear a positive story!!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: 38 T/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWithIt View Post
Me and my girlfriend Christine just got back from doing the Erie Poker Run. We were once again reminded of the high level of class that many of the fellow boaters that buy these big loud obnoxious go fast boats have. We arrived at the launch ramp which had a rather steep drop from the lot. A beneficial heads up was given that some of the longer boats/trailers were scraping on the edge. That being said, there is a nice squat to the back of my truck when hooked up to the boat despite it being a 3500. We had a small army of fellow boaters lend us assistance. A fellow by the name of Jeff Morgan quickly offered up the use of his truck to launch my boat because it has a lift. Never met the guy before and within 30 seconds this is his offer. We also had several others explain that an angled approach might work. So we gave that a try first. Taking Jeff up on his offer as a backup plan. The angled approach worked with the assistance of others guiding me back. Never scraped. Needless to say we got to know Jeff and these other boaters very well over the next two days.

Now its time to pull out. The same concern existed. Yet another person whom we had just met this weekend offered to loan us his raised hitch for extra clearance. This was OSO member John Montgomery. We used the hitch, never came close to scraping and found that the trailer sits pretty level with it.

Despite it being a non poker run due to the weather, people like Jeff & Sandy, John, Steve & Christine, Tony, Kevin & Tish, Tony from Speedonthewater, and soo many others are what makes these events enjoyable. Everybody we met were willing to let us climb aboard their boat or have a beverage with them. Especially those crazy Fireball guys with the Nortech...
You were doing a find job putting it in on Friday, you just needed a few extra eyes to help make sure you didn't drag.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWithIt View Post

Wait, your have a girlfriend? Or is Kepple going by his full name now after the whole "Finkle is Bruce is Caitlyn" thing?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-08-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

My Boats: Sonic 386

No surprise there. That's why I have done the Buffalo Run four times. Wonderful people. Glad you enjoyed.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 98 Baja 36 Outlaw

Yes Brian.. I have a girlfriend and its not Chris as Christine after a sex change. LOL