Used boat prices/short supply looming? >

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Notices

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Nate, ask Jup how he prices his used boats when he needs to get rid of them.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a bit off topic since it's about prices holding and supply. I check this site daily since I'm shopping and there are less boats each day. Specifically Skater, OL and Fountain since that's what I'm looking at. Granted they may be pulling the ad, but I hope their selling. If they are selling that means people are starting to buy again which is good for all. I think boats 2008 and newer have more value since the manufacturers cut back when the economy tanked as I think someone else previously stated. Nate your getting a little ribbing, but if you have a nice boat that someone wants, they will pay the extra dollars even if your in the ballpark on your value. I'm not suggesting you are or aren't. I also agree with your comment on the broker. With busy lives, I don't have the time or want to deal with the hassle. Good luck with your sale, if not continue to enjoy it.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
I know this is a bit off topic since it's about prices holding and supply. I check this site daily since I'm shopping and there are less boats each day. Specifically Skater, OL and Fountain since that's what I'm looking at. Granted they may be pulling the ad, but I hope their selling. If they are selling that means people are starting to buy again which is good for all. I think boats 2008 and newer have more value since the manufacturers cut back when the economy tanked..................it.
Valid points and you are faced with a 'hole in the market'. I don't know what year model you're chasing but for argument sake, let's say you want something about 4-5 years old. How many Fountains were even built around 2010/11? Maybe a tough example but apply it to just about any manufacturer. Fountain is just the one I am more familiar with. How was Skater and Outer Limits traveling then? If you can find out how many were actually built, then you've got to find out how many are for sale before you can start looking.

In 2007, if you wanted a 4-5 year old boat, there were plenty on the market because manufacturers had been working full steam in the preceding years. If we don't see lots more manufacturers back to full production soon, the 'hole' will get bigger.

RR
Old 06-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

well guys and gals just ran her again today great day by the way came in early to go to a white party...
My 1989 boat runs great, looks much newer that the year and still turns heads.
This classic big water boat shows close to new as they get never beat on clean and reliable
age and location doesn't mean its junk there are lots of good older boats out there for the guy who cant spend 60k to have some on the water go fast fun

Happy summer time to all go burn some fuel...............
Old 06-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Less new boats starting in 2008 only means less used inventory down the road.
I searched through this entire thread to find the comment that best answers the question posed in the topic. This is it (above). Fewer new boats in any given year means fewer used boats down the road.

That's not to say there weren't a lot of great points and interesting theories (and some nifty bickering) throughout this thread, but ... BUP's point answers the question efficiently

I speak often with go-fast boat dealers and builders, and they all say this: Clean late-model inventory is scarce. Why? BUP said it all.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I searched through this entire thread to find the comment that best answers the question posed in the topic. This is it (above). Fewer new boats in any given year means fewer used boats down the road.

That's not to say there weren't a lot of great points and interesting theories (and some nifty bickering) throughout this thread, but ... BUP's point answers the question efficiently

I speak often with go-fast boat dealers and builders, and they all say this: Clean late-model inventory is scarce. Why? BUP said it all.
I agree with you, his comment is straight forward and accurate.

Do you have any thoughts from your side of the boating industry about the first part of the topic question? It's a bit speculative but many of us are wondering about used boat prices. With less on the market, and not likely to improve much at the moment, has everything hit rock bottom and would you anticipate increasing prices in the near future?

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 06-13-2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Spellnig
Old 03-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by roshan120597
Thank You For this amazing post
...from 7 years ago
The following 2 users liked this post by DrFeelgood:
Dean Ferry (03-01-2022), KCHOTBOAT (03-01-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 03:13 PM
Registered

Boats aint getting cheaper, that is for sure, ha!
Old 03-03-2022, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by no.limit
Boats aint getting cheaper, that is for sure, ha!
Seems like they went up even more!!
Old 03-03-2022, 04:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

......and they are in short supply! Think about all the boats that didn't get built starting in 07, they could have been available now as decent used inventory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.