Notices

SCOPE - WHY ???

Old 05-21-2001, 05:37 PM
rick32

Default SCOPE - WHY ???

I've been watching for a while......
I buzzed by the SCOPE function this weekend in LB at the tap house to see the boats...
I saw roughly five boats in all.....I also see more people on the Offshoreonly.com web site than on the SCOPE site... simpley because its not updated.... Can anyone tell me what the point is to join SCOPE ?? other than reading about it ( or lack of ) on other web sites???? This is not a bash or rip against SCOPE, just a simple question.....

Cheer's,R32

Old 05-21-2001, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick32- I was just thinking the same thing, but I would imagine that the poor turn out you mentioned last weekend was because of the huge up-coming holiday boat weekend? Maybe someone else has a better explaination. I was in Vegas this weekend, but would have been there if I could. Some events are huge while the next isn't. As far as the web-site goes, I've inquired into this too, but no response. But on the positive side, it's a great gang to hang with.

Old 05-21-2001, 06:09 PM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Rick,
I attended SCOPE's poker run last year as a non-member. Had a great time, one of 100 boats there. I was appraoched by someone with the club, and asked to join, and did not. I'm kinda' like you, not sure what the advantage is to becoming a member. Seems like the membership fee is a little high for a club. Maybe I'm missing something here, if so, please somebody correct me where I'm wrong.
Old 05-21-2001, 06:17 PM
scarab mike

I am a new SCOPE member this year. I joined for many reasons, primarily to do some group boating events. I would have been at the last Yard House event but my boat is in the shop. To me these two sites evolved differently. Offshoreonly.com has a very successful forum, and SCOPE is a more club and local event oriented site. The SCOPE site could have just as easily developed into a major forum, but it didn't. I am still learning more about SCOPE, but for the relatively small membership fee, you get a lot of benefit. The club obviously has funding sources other than membership fees. I am looking forward to the Poker Run(last year members got a discounted entry fee) and the boat Rodeo(a couple of one-on-one minutes with your boat and Helicopter taking photos), + other events this summer.

Let's see.... membership fee = 1/2 tank of gas.... not too bad. (Oops, make that 1/4 tank, at today's prices)

Mike

Old 05-21-2001, 06:28 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Too many fair weather boaters in SoCal. If it's overcast people think it's a storm coming. We had great water Sunday, almost too flat in the morning but it woke up later in the afternoon. If I recall, there were 2 Top Guns, 3 Cafe Racers, a 38' Nu Era, a Webcraft, a 35' Fountain, Compute This 29' Lavey and a 28' Skater. Not bad for a "Bad Weather Day" one week before Memorial weekend.

Rick32, I didn't catch what boat you came in on. You did boat in, didn't you?

Originally posted by rick32:
<STRONG>I've been watching for a while......
I buzzed by the SCOPE function this weekend in LB at the tap house to see the boats...
I saw roughly five boats in all.....I also see more people on the Offshoreonly.com web site than on the SCOPE site... simpley because its not updated.... Can anyone tell me what the point is to join SCOPE ?? other than reading about it ( or lack of ) on other web sites???? This is not a bash or rip against SCOPE, just a simple question.....

Cheer's,R32
</STRONG>
Old 05-21-2001, 06:48 PM
rick32

C1,

Mine was the 32' foot Sunsation on a trailer being painted... Should be here in a few weeks though....we can have fun then.

Old 05-21-2001, 06:49 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Don't forget Joe in the formula
Old 05-21-2001, 06:53 PM
rick32

I saw the blonde there....

Old 05-21-2001, 07:03 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Hey Bro, tell them to hurry up.....summer is here and you need to be on the water(ocean).

Originally posted by rick32:
<STRONG>C1,

Mine was the 32' foot Sunsation on a trailer being painted... Should be here in a few weeks though....we can have fun then.
</STRONG>
Old 05-21-2001, 07:07 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

True True, how could I forget Joe, he was all over my ...er... ass. I thought he was going to land on top of me after some of the HUGE air that Pro-charged 27' was getting.

Originally posted by Blonde Cig Chick:
<STRONG>Don't forget Joe in the formula </STRONG>

Quick Reply: SCOPE - WHY ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.