Old 09-12-2002, 09:37 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Murphy's in Norfolk, Va.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Send em to the guys that made em!

Send them back to Mercury so they get a proper testing before you put them back on your boat. They made them and know where to look for potential failures.

Maximus
Old 09-12-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maximus,
Do you send them to Mr. Cavenau(sp) at lake X?
How much does it cost?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

York Propellers in CA . They did my 25 mirage plus can back great
Old 09-12-2002, 10:07 AM
voodoo

I second Hall's in Florida. He did a RH 28P B1 for me that has performed excellent. BTW, it is for sale in like new cond. $525.00. I'm selling the boat.

Old 09-12-2002, 12:00 PM
wms

I have read post after post about how good York is. Even tried a pair of York labbed props. Well, wouldn't it be just my luck that my pair of 28P B1's came back from York worse, I think, than the stock props I sent them. Sure they looked perfect. I did get the 300rpm that I wanted. And I did gain a mile or maybe two at WOT, but more importantly lost 5 mph at cruise. Also, still have the 100rpm difference that I requested help with.

I just got off the phone with John. He thought he did a 'smokin' job on my props and would not do a rework to get some of the cruise speed back without more $$.

Last edited by wms; 09-12-2002 at 12:18 PM.

Old 09-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Funhome,
You're right, Midwest Propeller in Olathe cannot do stuff like labbing or blueprinting. However, they are excellent at rebuilding damaged props. Try Darrin with Houston Propeller. I've seen alot of positive responses about him over on the Baja message board. He's on OSO now, too. Seems to know his business and has respectable pricing.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Rick Anderson

Thumbs up

Mike at Hall's does great work. He did all of our F1 & F2 props

Hey Brian - whats up brother!! Hope you are doing well!

Old 09-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

York Propeller in California - top notch work
Old 09-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KCBaja,
Should we assume Houston Propeller is in Houston Texas? How's the Baja runnin?

Brad, You've seen a lot of names pop up here. My "Homeboy" recomendations are...
Mike Hall does in fact do props for the Solarized, Vortec Extreme, and a host of other SVL, F-1 & F-2 race boats. Does very good work, and good to work with.
(He's the one that did the trick Velocity props we was droolin over in St. Pete).
Pro-Pellers in Burlingtom WI. is the guy that did the trick 28 Bravo 4 prop that you and I tested at the private test lake in Florida, (wink). If you remember, it smoked our Merc lab-finished 28. So, I bought a brand new box stock 28 Bravo prop, sent it to John in Wisconson and got back a prop that did exactly what I wanted it to do.
Neither of them are cheap by any means, but both are damned good. John at Pro-Pellers says he will "fine tune" any prop he does if you send it back to him in a reasonable time. Not sure about Mike Hall, but he seems really good about standing behind his work, so I'm betting he would also.

BTW, I also sent a new prop to Hill propeller. It cost me more than either of the two above, and I wasn't that impressed with the results, but maybe that was a one time deal.

Quick Reply: Where is everyone sending their Prop's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.