Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A very intense test session with the new boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/328046-very-intense-test-session-new-boat.html)

jvthundercat 07-02-2015 08:54 PM

A very intense test session with the new boat

Got off of work and went home. Wife said, "lets hurry and go to the lake, (30 miles out), and get that thing tested out !
Storms were coming across the plains and so time was really short....

I went out to the shop and looked at the drain plug and seen that it was not leaking anymore as it needed a new gasket that I replaced the night before.

Scrambled around finishing a few different things, took the cover off and hooked it up to the Escalade. Pulled it around front of the house on the hill to drain out any little water left and set
the drain plug on the swim deck.

Now just a little back story. I bought this 208 Baja without hearing it run and in a down pour with lighting hitting several of the houses next door. Not smart I know, but I had an itch to buy a boat........

One starter bolt was broke off, got luck and it spun out with a pick. The gimble bearing was shot, replaced it. The sea pump impellar had no fins, new kit. The fuel pump was shot, the carb shot, put new on both.

This does not count all the wood replaced on the swim pad and the all the pieces to the back seat.

Now we took off and got to the lake and back it down. I took off the transom straps and double checked the drain plug, which I put in before we drive off. Thought that was it didn't you.....lol

I unhook it and jump in, the wife back it down in.
I fire it up and it sounds fine. hit the captains call and it is great!

I slip it in reverse, nothing. Now I checked every at temp and all with forward and reverse on the hose a few days before, so I know it should go.
Tried forward, nothing, just revs up.

After a few more try's I tell the wife to pull it back out.

After a very close inspection........................it would have helped to put the prop on.................duh

There, now I am not perfect anymore......................lol

SB 07-02-2015 09:58 PM

Classic ! As you will take that funny story to the grave. Awesome !

Griff 07-02-2015 11:24 PM

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buck35 07-02-2015 11:30 PM

No worries about breaking an outdrive that way. Thats funny!

phragle 07-03-2015 01:12 AM

100% prop slip........

shepnic74 07-03-2015 02:26 AM

Kinda like running around the house looking for the car keys when they are in your left hand. Makes you feel like an idiot but so glad you found them lol

Rattlesnake Jake 07-03-2015 04:52 AM

Good one. Like looking all over for your glasses and find them on top of your head.

iamjoe 07-03-2015 05:00 AM

Prop?

Indy 07-03-2015 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake (Post 4325491)
Good one. Like looking all over for your glasses and find them on top of your head.

Did that yesterday. 10 minutes I'm running around swearing looking for the stupid things. :picard1:

Indy 07-03-2015 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jvthundercat (Post 4325438)
Got off of work and went home. Wife said, "lets hurry and go to the lake, (30 miles out), and get that thing tested out !

Keeper....