Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-14-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RumRunner
[B]Just a few thoughts...

First when you pay to store or dry stack a boat they count, and you pay for the swim platform, and all they way to the tip of the bow. So If they call it a 38' that's what it is. No one is *****ing about Comparing a Founatin, or Cigarette, or anything else to say a magnum that's 4' or 5' wider !!!

you can call it 38 foot if you like ,but 2 foot of the swim platform and/or 1 foot of the beak does NOTHING to affect the ride and rough water handling of the boat. since drag is one of the things that affect speed, to compare your boat that really has 35 foot of boat in the water to a boat that has 38 foot of boat in the water is not a fair comparison. not to mention that platforms and beaks do no weigh as much as 3 foot of hull.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

reggie will never put his ego aside, he spends almost as much time promoting himself as his boats. powerboat racing is doomed when we have ego's like his and others tearing the sport apart
Old 09-14-2002, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by RumRunner
I believe that Fountain builds a great boat, so why doesn't Reggie come over to APBA prove it, and stop tearing offshore racing apart ?
Because it would blow his whole advertising campaign...He can't and won't be competitive without certain advantages.

The time when APBA tightened the noose, developed more consistent rules and enforced them is precisely when Reginald stopped winning quite so much and decided to take a hike....He actually suffered some pretty embaressing defeats by boats that are ordinarily laughed at....Go figure
Old 09-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

too old
back
in my early days i bought a 222 stingray, you would think it was 22'2" correct? nope, it was measured at only 21'6" and once you eliminate the platform it was only 20'3". kind of misleading don't you think? i will agree that most performance boat owners know better, however if you are going to compare your boats speed and handling you should be comparing a 38 fever to a 344 hustler and not a 388 hustler.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you say DONZI 38ZR!

to be honest he sounds no different than any other boat builders!!!...with one big exception...Steve Simon at DONZI....he's not about telling everyone what he's going to do or done....he just lets the results and the product speak for its self.

don't ever remember a 388's with podium finishes in the pro series...RF does have a lot of bragging rights.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

my bad i did not realize the hustler had a platform.my point i am trying to make is the same
Old 09-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SABER28
[B]
Originally posted by RumRunner
Just a few thoughts...

your boat that really has 35 foot of boat in the water to a boat that has 38 foot of boat in the water is not a fair comparison.
I think I said it earllyer that I dont care what tipe of boat it is lets mesure how much (feet) boat is in the water when it is sitting at the dock if you realy want to fair things up for racing sake.

My Wellcraft is a 23' without the bolt on glass swimstep, 25' with the bolt on swimstep but only 19' sits in the water. so what size is it?

What is your 28 saber at the water line 22?

Last edited by ragtop409; 09-15-2002 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use the APBA rules
Old 09-14-2002, 02:02 PM
MIdnightRider

First- All Future Fountain owners dream of the day they can strap on there Mr. T starter set and become Reggie's Mini-ME. And yes I had owned one of the true Reggie Ghetto sleds the 42 signature with black and gold trim "perfect reggie style". But seriously I did just read this morning in the latest Powerboat a article pertaining to MI manufacturing where Reggie said Peter at Skater was the World's best boat builder, I thought that was very humble for Reggie. He is a smart guy, my antique 42 looks like brand new, and if you are not a die hard, you wouldn't now it from a new one, Those boats are build like a brick **** house.

Saber28- did you just buy a new boat or something? Saber is a great boat and local to boot. But it is still 28', in stead of nailing a 2x4 on the front, you should just have Saber build you a 41' so you can keep up with the rest of us in the 5-6's on LK MI in our antiques that cant handle the rough water. I ran my over measured Fountain last night in 2-3's at a solid 92.3mph. Before you throw out challenges on this board, remember there are allot of us out here. If you see me at the lake, just give the call sign Charlie, and I'll show you just how fast these Fountains are. Midnight
Attached Thumbnails Reggies swollen head-midnight2oso111.jpg  

Old 09-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Registered

midnight rider,
what did you do to quiet the boat down after your ticket?

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.