Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Saber....Just ignore LP Boater.....he has some ego problems.

Gotta go torch my little Cig now...............
Old 09-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i love the 28 saber
Old 09-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I ask everyone out there....

If you had a boat company, raced boats, and the sanctioning body made a new rule that said any boat running too much faster than any other needed to have weight added, etc. to make it more competitive, what would you do?

I've heard drivers/throttleman complain, and they get pissed off cause they work their azz off to win, then they have weight added, etc. Well, you ask about marketing genius.......

I'd gather this is a perfect example. My boat won, well, I'm going to state to the media that my boat is faster and needs to be slowed down and I don't like that rule. Wouldn't we all use that as a marketing strategy? The driver/throttleman acn same the same....I'm the best, so they have to slow me down. Why not? Sure is fun to have bragging rights for a while.

I suppose if I raced and wanted to win the series, I'd then want the fastest boat and always come in second.

And jealous/envious guys like Saber28 make such a stink, it's all that commotion and advertising that makes the name what it is.

Mark
Old 09-15-2002, 10:51 AM
BK
Registered

Originally posted by 32fever
I ask everyone out there....

If you had a boat company, raced boats, and the sanctioning body made a new rule that said any boat running too much faster than any other needed to have weight added, etc. to make it more competitive, what would you do?

I'd gather this is a perfect example. My boat won, well, I'm going to state to the media that my boat is faster and needs to be slowed down and I don't like that rule. Wouldn't we all use that as a marketing strategy?

The Miss Budweiser is having the same thing done to her, as well as any Unlimited Hydro that wins a race -- they then have to have their fuel flow restricted for the next one. This was because the series was dying due to the unbalanced field.

The result of this rule: The racing is closer than it has been for over a decade -- no more parades or cake walks for the Bud. If Garbrecht would not have instituted this rule 2 years ago, Unlimited Racing probably would have gone completely defunct by now.

I do feel really bad for Villwock. But when history books are written years from now, he'll be called the sacrificial hero that saved the Hydro series.

On the other side of the coin, Budweiser could have quit and started a new Unlimted series where they were free to win evey race they entered, and then complained to the media about how unfair the rules of Hydro-PROP were - But they didn't.

The HP Series is getting more publicity, more teams are coming back, and Budweiser is now getting more press than ever. Very smart move on their part.

Last edited by BK; 09-15-2002 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

jealous/envious? no, i have chosen my boat very carefully, i could have purchased a fountain if that was what i wanted. i chose my SABER because of it's unquestioned durability and it's classic flatdeck good looks, and outstanding rough water performance, see powerboat 1994 offshore boat of the year, this boat was chosen despite little/no advertising/bribe money spent on SABER's part. by the way i purchased my boat new, i could have purchased a much larger used boat for the money i spent on my boat. i also know that i would not be the fastest boat out there with my power, but i do know that there is no 28 foot boat out there that rides rough water any better, and believe me i have rode in many other boats.i also got a boat that i have never broken anything on or had to retighten a single screw on in the 5 summers i have used this boat. and believe me this boat has been in the rough stuff, ask BHG111 or waterfoul. i use my boat , it has over 400 hours on it. if you love your fountain, great, my ***** is not with your boat, it's with the CEO, sorry you guys cannot seem to understand that
Old 09-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

hey 28 can i take your ride out for a spin ...
Old 09-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

NO , have jim and doug build your own 616-837-6442
Old 09-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

i like them,,,but they are not in the racing game and sound like they have no plans to
Old 09-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

Saber28...Your just miffed that there is no place for you to sit and dangle your feet in the water while suckin down brews.
The beak thing is this:
Gives the boat bow lift at high speeds, and keeps the spray off your glasses.
That beak is well worth the cost!

Party of 4 please be seated here.
Attached Thumbnails Reggies swollen head-platform.jpg  
Old 09-15-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

B4M....look sweeeet! let me know if can ever be of service to you in your dial in needs

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.