Notices

Reggies swollen head

Old 09-11-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Reggies swollen head

quote from powerboat news and notes "well, if you are one of the leaders, like peter hledin and me........it doesnt do anything for me to make it look like a cigarette or a formula can run with a fountain, because they cant". that sounds like a challenge to cigarette and formula to me. this guy must need all those gold chains to keep his overinflated ego anchored to the ground. i'm not bashing fountains so do not flame me please, but i know of plenty of boats that will run with a fountain, especially in the rough water
Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does he sell over 500 boats????

His right about mike a .....
Old 09-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys will somebody pleas pleas print the power boat interview so we can under stand
Old 09-11-2002, 09:12 PM
Registered

mike , ferrari sells far fewer cars than ford sells mustangs so i do not think sales makes the best indicator of who's boats the best
Old 09-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

like peter hledin and me........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Putting himself on the same Level as Skater Pete??? That’s a bit of a reach I would think!!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In some countries it is illegal to compare yourself like that to your competition. I am not sure I would go as far as to say that is a good thing, but talk like that does have a tendency to really turn people off.

Jon
Old 09-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Politically Correct

Fountains are fast - Fact ! Since APBA put CRE in motion Fountains are slower- Fact! Reggie is one heck of a salesman and Joey Griffin is one heck of a engine builder - FACT!

BH
Old 09-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

let's face it there is no way to crown one boat the BEST, fountains may be fast but they are certainly not the best rough water boat out there. why does he have skater lay up his race boats? if he builds the best boat, why does he need to keep buying the first 6 pages of powerboat every month to tell us that?how can he say my 38 foot boat is faster than yours when his is only 35 foot?
Old 09-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Stevie boy...
Who builds the fastest cats in the world? Skater does.
Who builds the fastest V's in the world? Fountain does.

Sounds like about the same level to me.

Powerboat Mag.
Blah Blah Blah..."Then he (MA) started announcing that he was going to do all he could to equalize the sport.
If some company's boats are not fast enough, if they're a little too slow , what we have to do is slow down the good guys, put them at such a disadvantage that they can't beat the slow guys.
Well, if your one of the leaders, like Peter Hledin and me, that dosen't make any sence.
It dosen't do anything for me to make it look like a Cigarette or a Formula can run with a Fountain because they can't.
Then he (MA) starts lowering the X-dimensions on my boats and adding weight to my boats.
We start winning with Benny (Robertson) and Jerry (Gilbreath) and he kicks them out.
I just want to be left alone under the rules.
Thats all I wanted" RF

Last edited by Back4More; 09-11-2002 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Registered

brian go to the apache thread and watch the video, that was real OFFshore racing, top speed was not the most important thing back then, rough water handling was. todays INshore racing bores me to death, cannot even watch.

Quick Reply: Reggies swollen head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.