Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland Poker Run

The boat count at the poker run last weekend seemed off from 2001. Has anyone heard what the boat count was? Kudos to Outterlimits, their contingent was bad to the bone.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:51 PM
290PQ

I heard 175 down from 203 last year. It seemed to me that there were as many performance boats watching from the sidelines as there were in the run?

Old 09-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt make it I was grounded.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There were indeed 175 boats. That is a huge run, last years over 200 was a first. We had a blast thanks to the great organization of the people who put on the run. Thanks, and we will see you next year!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Allan4

Bigtime hardware as well. Awesome weekend, for sure

Old 09-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outterlimits??? Your Right,, They Did Look Good,,,,

But nowhere near the front!!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by mama tryed
Outterlimits??? Your Right,, They Did Look Good,,,,

But nowhere near the front!!!!
Thats because a Poker Run Is NOT a Race. Think I read that somewhere. Drambiu wasn't up near the front neither. Heard Randy was driving it, probably more for advertisement.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

I will speak for myself and many others like myself in saying that $385 or whatever the entry fee was, is entirely too much for some of us. After towing 6+ hours down @ 9 mpg, filling 120 gallons of fuel, all for one weekend, then running all of the fuel out, plus the entry, that's a good deal of cash for some of us. I know they throw a party and feed you, etc....but that's just too much for some. That is why the count is down and people are watching. Period.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:02 PM
Registered

Tbikini and I were planning on running this year, but the boat did not make it in time. We did boat on Cumberland this weekend. We ran our own poker run on Sunday

I gotta say, a poker is not a race is true, but I am not sure everyone who enters a poker run believes that.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:14 AM
Rick252

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flyinbrian
I will speak for myself and many others like myself in saying that $385 or whatever the entry fee was, is entirely too much for some of us. After towing 6+ hours down @ 9 mpg, filling 120 gallons of fuel, all for one weekend, then running all of the fuel out, plus the entry, that's a good deal of cash for some of us. I know they throw a party and feed you, etc....but that's just too much for some. That is why the count is down and people are watching. Period. [/QUO

I agree with you Brian. I can afford it, I just can't justify spending that much for a party and that's basically what your paying for. Anyone can jump in and run. As for the boats...I slobbered all over mine sitting next to Rock-It, and Drambue, and several others.... I though I seen you out there, but I was across the lake at the time

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.