Old 07-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a mini mystic
Old 07-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

Great post noli, really informative. Is there any information about possible power?
Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 336 Posts

I believe from the other thread that the first one will have a pair of Monty V8 racing outboards.

Will be cool to see.

I hope it looks like this or even more bad-ash (from what he's done in previous engine projects)

OMC top and mids. Merc lowers

Photo Credit: Monty_man

Last edited by noli; 07-15-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Registered

A custom builder in Clearwater is building a boat similar to the Twister from over seas. He will offer a canopy to race in a spec class and an open version. Hope to see a fun single outboard class next year. Great idea. 100 with 250 is bad ass. I heard smart marine is building a similar version.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

I visited their site last night and was real impressed. This question is not to start a pissing match, but a general question in case Skater nation chimes in because I really interested in a 30-32' Skater outboard. How do DW compare in build quality and performance. DW is new to me love the tapered stern. Price wise, are they similar if anyone knows.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli
This hull is not being built by Skater (Peter Hledin) , rather it's being designed and tooled by Doug Wright Powerboats

Doug Wright Powerboats is owned and run by Doug Wright Sr. [DW Sr] and Doug Wright Jr. [DW Jr]

The design concept is gotten initially from the customer, in this build the customer is (RGR - Rick George Racing) www.fatcatboats.com

The design then gets transformed into a powerful CAD computer by DW Sr.

DW Sr converts the customer's design ideas into a three dimensional rendering via computer aided design methodologies (3D CAD) as seen below

Photo Credit: Todd D [ Naples FL ]

Next, the 3D CAD is converted into instructions for a mutli-dimensional-axis Large CNC machine [in-house]. This is the tooling portion of the build (DW Sr.). DW Jr then begins to protect the foam for the next steps. DW Jr covers the foam with a blue film, then an orange material that hardens over the foam so that the CNC machine can further mill the plug.

Photo Credit: Chaz [ Palm City, FL ]

DW Jr covers the milled foam with what looks to be a blue plastic material, then an orange material is applied and hardens. DW Sr once again instructs the CNC machine to perform a finer milling of what is slowly becoming the plug of the 28 foot cat as seen in below video. DW Jr will then blueprint the plug (hull bottom) to create another magical hull from DW Powerboats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238eInXWGMo .

Now to finally answer your question...

Ans: on this particular build, it is planned that RGR will pull the mold off of this plug. I'm not sure who owns the plug, I am guessing that RGR will own the plug and thus will own the mold as well.

if you visit the Doug Wright factory, you'll see a Uuuge 38 foot Deep-V in the works. Again using the same process above. That design was gotten from a different customer. In this particular build, DW skipped the plug creation step, and went right onto mold tooling.

P.S. all of the workers, from DW [both of them] down to the workers are all humble, down to earth, easy to converse with folks. This is how I learned all of this.

Request for Corrections: Please add corrections in the above process where necessary.

Request for additional data: If you have pics and/or renderings of the deck, please share with us

Thanks for all the info noli sorry if I confused anyone I should really keep track of all the different builders better
Old 07-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered

you're welcome.

Hope someone chimes in and shows us the progress on the deck.

That and the interior will define the looks of this beaut I think!

Old 01-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Registered

Posted just minutes ago from Grant's Signature Racing.

The Rick George Racing...Climax Race Boats

Last edited by noli; 01-31-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

If I had the coin this would be the 28' I would purchase!
Old 01-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

Posted just minutes ago from Grant's Signature Racing.

The Rick George Racing...Climax Race Boats

Very Nice work! Boat is very clean! Owner should be stoked. Did you hear how it ran

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.