Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   York Propellor- Phone Number???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32845-york-propellor-phone-number.html)

pwrbotr 09-12-2002 08:56 AM

York Propellor- Phone Number????

Any one have the phone nuber for york? What do they charge for labbing? Turnaround time?

Thanks

seanclong 09-12-2002 09:08 AM

Check out this thread:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...highlight=york

KAAMA 09-12-2002 09:28 AM

York charges about $175 per prop for a lab finish---about HALF the price of Merc's lab finish. I did a side by side comparison of York vs. Merc's lab finish and Merc's looked a little embarrassing---just my observation. Turn around time depends on what time of year it is, but usually within 2 weeks. York's work is tops!

jawbreakerkid 09-12-2002 09:31 AM

Originally posted by KAAMA
York charges about $175 per prop for a lab finish---about HALF the price of Merc's lab finish. I did a side by side comparison of York vs. Merc's lab finish and Merc's looked a little embarrassing---just my observation. Turn around time depends on what time of year it is, but usually within 2 weeks. York's work is tops!
i second that....

pwrbotr 09-12-2002 10:13 AM

any one use Hall's prop service?

ccarloss 09-12-2002 10:39 AM

Does York sell Props as well? Will they sell me a brand new prop already labbed or do I have to send them one first? Thanks.

KAAMA 09-13-2002 06:52 AM

CCarloss,

I don't think he sells props. He just labs them as far as I know. So you'd have to purchase the props and send them to him. York's number is 714-773-5444

wms 09-13-2002 07:03 AM

Be careful with York. I just got mine back. They 'looked' great, I did get the 300 rpm I wanted, not much better WOT, and worst of all I lost 5 mph off mid range cruising.

John refused to take them back for tweaking!! :mad:

KAAMA 09-13-2002 09:37 AM

wms,

Losing that much cruising speed does sound a little disappointing. But honestly, I think when people send their props out for lab finishing I think they're usually looking more for the WOT end of things. I have spoken with John at York and he says he spends the better part of a day's work on a pair of props. I guess I have never asked him to "tweek in" a pair for me, but I would expect to pay something for that I would think, but perhaps I'm wrong in for thinking that way.

Merc is still considered a top contender for lab finishing as well. But when I held my York's side by side to Merc's you sure wouldn't think so, especially when Merc charges twice the amount as compared to York.

"Tommy" at WPM (Warlock Performance Marine) has stated several times in the past on this forum that he has tried several of the prop shops that do lab finishing and has always come back to York. He felt that nobody has done a better and more consistant job than York. Tommy has had a lot of experiences with other prop shops and he will give you a straight answer because he was in an all out search of who does the best lab finishing. You can call Tommy at 909-371-7567 (Calif) if you desire and ask him about those experiences with other prop shops as compared to York.

This is an open forum where we come to share each others experiences and I am not discounting yours with York as I have shared mine as well. I wish you the best and if you find a prop shop that you think is better please inform us because I think most of us are interested in who does the best work for a fair price.

:)

wms 09-13-2002 11:24 AM

Thanks KAAMA. I believe most of my problems stem from the original set of props. Of the 3 340's in the HRPA, mine is the slowest. Still is even after labbing. One or two mph does not get my pants in a bunch, but loosing 5 mph at cruise does.

As for York being half the price.....I thought Merc charged $300 including shipping. York is $175 (for a Bravo) plus $25 shipping.