The thrill and let down of being on TV >

The thrill and let down of being on TV

Notices

The thrill and let down of being on TV

Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The thrill and let down of being on TV

Last night on the outdoor channel (OUTCN) was the Stars and Stripes Poker Run hosted by Dick Simon Marine, and although it was a thrill to see my boat running on TV (very cool ) I was suddenly let down by the time they started to give a close-up they went to the next boat, but what really was a let down was seeing my name (Jim Dunphy, 29 SCARAB) and the boat they were showing was not mine, but a 33 open fisher that I was not in I am sure the owner of that boat was not to happy as well
I remember not seeing the helicopter much after the first leg to Catalina, most of the footage shown was just the ride over leaving out quite a few great looking machines and participants

Well I guess everyone makes mistakes, even the commentators after an interview with Art Kaiser and showing his 38 New Era they reffered to him and his skier Lee Squire as - Art Squire and Lee Kaiser

Oh well, all in all it was still pretty cool to see

And Lu Lyall's (turbosonics) interview shown as Lou- and being the ex-president of SCOPE which he is the current president was pretty funny too flapping that big pie hole

I am sure Nort will be able to come up with some way of posting some of the footage

I think the show may air again for those who missed it, just an FYI the show was labeled as SPEED ZONE on the OUTCN
Old 09-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Jimbo,

I get Outdoor Life Network, not the Outdoor Channel, so I wasn't able to see the show. Maybe I'll ty to get somebody to tape it for me if they show a repeat....
Old 09-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Greg, I am going to check with Matt over at DSM to see if
they have any copies of the recording, I thought they said
there would be copies available when we were at the
drivers meeting the morning of the run

FYI, you were one of the machines and participants that I did not
see in the show, again I was suprised that even I got on the
show again it was still a pretty cool show
Old 09-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Jimbo,

That was one of my first times out in the new boat and we were towards the end of the pack most of the time....I don't think that the helicopter got any shots of us...

I thought that they mentioned that copies of the show would be available, too....It must have been pretty cool for you to see your boat running on TV, even if they make it look like you have a fishing boat..

I guess I'll see you Sat for lunch??
Old 09-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Registered

Greg, you are right, for the quick few seconds they showed the boat...I was pretty stoked, in fact in order for them to fill the time slot they showed it twice, when the commentators were discussing the 2nd leg from Catalina to Newport...they were still showing the footage from the first leg to Avalon, and the final shots were at the card boat in Newport.

I will be seeing you Saturday, Misty and I will be heading down from Newport with Rob Sherman and his wife Emma in their new 38 SCARAB

Old 09-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hey Jimbo,

Get ahold of Havasucig he has the order form to order the video's of the poker run. Or on second thought if you can't get ahold of him, I still have mine....I can fax you a copy.

Tank
Old 09-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Registered

Cool

It was still a cool show to watch Gang....Nothing like that here in PA. I've got to move!....Mike.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

We got some good coverage of our boat so I can't complain. The one mistake that I caught was them saying the 51' Fountain was the first to avalon. I know that at least two boats (us being one of them) beat him. KWB's Tiger was the first.

I have the order form Tank mentioned if you need a copy. Let me know and I can fax it.

Chris
Old 09-12-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Hey Chris, thanks...if you get a chance fax it to my office at Brabus North America (949) 797-9177- Attn: Jim Dunphy

Your right on the money about the first boat to Avalon, Kenny Boyce was the first boat to hit the Island.

Although there were some mistakes, it was still a pretty cool show, but it was too bad they did not get more of the real coverage of the trip to Newport...the water that day was perfect, they really missed alot of great footage and some nice hardware.

Old 09-12-2002, 05:12 PM
Registered

Jim,

I will fax it when I get home.

Quick Reply: The thrill and let down of being on TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.