Notices

Auto Pilot Question

Old 07-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto Pilot Question

Hey guys, We just got back form a trip over to the Bahama's and on my 90 mile crossing from Freeport to West Palm Beach I started thinking "It would sure be nice to have auto pilot" I have a 2006 Formula 330SS with 496 Mag's and Bravo 3 outdrives and DTS... Can an auto pilot be fitted without adding hydraulic steering? How much of an under taking would this be. I'm planning updating all the electronics this winter so I'll already be digging into the boat... any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron
Old 07-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered

Anybody???
Old 07-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...ack-en-us.aspx

This link says its for an outboard, but looks like a typical teleflex cable helm. Not sure if this particular one would work, but looks like they are out there.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

My buddy has it on his 400ss and he fit it to the traditional, inside if the transom steering.

He is in Germany for a week but if you will shoot me a pm next week to remind me I'll get you the details on what brand he is using. He's had it for years

Eric
Old 07-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys...
Old 07-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by alindquist
Hey guys, We just got back form a trip over to the Bahama's and on my 90 mile crossing from Freeport to West Palm Beach I started thinking "It would sure be nice to have auto pilot" I have a 2006 Formula 330SS with 496 Mag's and Bravo 3 outdrives and DTS... Can an auto pilot be fitted without adding hydraulic steering? How much of an under taking would this be. I'm planning updating all the electronics this winter so I'll already be digging into the boat... any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

You never need autopilot or even GPS leaving the bahamas......just go west, you will always hit Florida!

I leave next Sunday for the Bahamas.......cheating though, flying over!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Hitting FL is the easy part, but I still have to get back to where I parked the truck...LOL Either way, after digging around a little bit it looks like Raymarine makes one that will work with my setup. Which is good since I think I'm going to go with an A series MFD and all the raymarine goodies to go along with it. Now if anybody has ever put one in and wants to give me some insight that would be great...
Aaron