Notices

Lets compare???

Old 09-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lets compare???

Summer Ob, great comparison!!

Having a unique prespective like this is welcome, Having run NHRA's and IHRA's competition eliminator ,I am also a SFI chassis builder and now for the last 3 years run APBA races and this year SBI, I know first hand what the 4 organizations have in common and what they are missing.NHRA's tech department is second to none in inspection and enforcement of rules.A model organization that can be tapped for information and copied. APBA's safety inspection and training can compare to NHRA's while there are many tech areas that limit racers choices on fleet competitiveness.[Fountains,Formula,Cig's]No two the same, yet they have advantages and disadvantages that exist on the water,not the trailer.APBA Factory classes are the closest thing to Pro Stock but try to tell a Pro Stock guy that his motor has to be built by one guy???hmmm.He's lookin for other advantages? SBI,IHRA have there place..the option when you need a change of space,meeting other people that love what they do as much,and no matter how "good ole boy" it is, the competition is the same and they[we] all take it very serious!

"It dosn't take long to figure out that by copying the most sucessful combination, you can only hope to equal its performance, and no more. the correct way of doing things should be point of departure"

- Micky Thompson-

Support who races close to you,because there may not be!!!!

Last edited by Clackster; 09-24-2002 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Clackster,

How have you been. We missed you in APBA Bat action this year. Hopefully the $25,000 in prize money will lure you back to One Design.

www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 09-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

Default Hey dude!!!

Hey dude!!

Thanks,My post was supose to be under "SBI Copycats" but I missed my mark!!!haha!
Yea,We miss you guys and plan on a lease or two if we don't switch back.We'll see what winter holds for us.
But, good luck and keep em flying!!

Clackster P2-7 AA\Fuel Altered Bat
Old 09-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You mean AA fuel and a few other top secret 112mph transforming batboat?

Sweet ride, maybe we should do that to all the one design boats and you could just leave yours "as - is"

We'll talk this winter.