Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What motor options are available? >

What motor options are available?

Notices

What motor options are available?

Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

My vote would be to run what you have for the remainder of the season. When the season is over drive it down to Eddie Young in Mt. Juliet, TN and tell him you have 20K to put into your motors and and are looking for 575HP per side. I think you'll be happy with the outcome and you'll know what you have with a build sheet and dyno tune..
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SecondWind
My vote would be to run what you have for the remainder of the season. When the season is over drive it down to Eddie Young in Mt. Juliet, TN and tell him you have 20K to put into your motors and and are looking for 575HP per side. I think you'll be happy with the outcome and you'll know what you have with a build sheet and dyno tune..
This is definitely a winter project. Our season is too short to do it now. Just looking for options and real world experience.

My motors have less than 100 hours on them. They were certified rebuilds bought straight from mercury with a one year warranty.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by NKissau
This is definitely a winter project. Our season is too short to do it now. Just looking for options and real world experience.

My motors have less than 100 hours on them. They were certified rebuilds bought straight from mercury with a one year warranty.
Sounds like a perfect project for a "waking up" of your 502s. New heads, cams, exhaust and tune. I'm a customer of Eddie Young and very happy. The only issue I have now is that the motor he built is kicking the **** out of my drive. Already had to replace an upper and I'm trying to drive like a civilized human being most of the time.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick, I agree with this, don't worry about the extra power, Dynoed my 525's before rebuild and were 560. Very reliable with parts easy to get. If you think you need more power in the future easy to get more. Alot to be said about taking boat to North Bay Marine to get worked on if something goes wrong instead of your local Auto Mechanic.
Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Sell yours and buy a set of 525's, should be close to your budget.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Jerry you going out today? I'm leaving in a half hour.

I agree that a turn key set of 525's is a good option. They would drop in and plug in.