Notices

New guy from Michigan

Old 07-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Michigan

Been around boats and water most of my life....always wanted to get into the "big boy" boats. Love going fast on the street, but it might be time to move on to bigger and better things....screen name is my license plate ;-) . At present I'm employed by a resin manufacturer where I spend some of my time around guys that build or build tooling for boats. Took advantage in watching the guys at Boyne Thunder which pushed me over the edge.....hoping by spring of '16 there will be a new addition to my go fast needs.

Looking forward to insight and guidance towards my quest....
Old 07-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Your screen name fits perfectly in the marine world
Old 07-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Your screen name fits perfectly in the marine world
Lol....truth. I see "OVRBDGT 2" somewhere on the back of it.....
Old 07-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Where in MI? I am in Grand rapids.
What boat depends on how serious you want to get and how much you want to spend.
I finally got real serious and bought a cat ( 26 Daytona )
Old 07-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to OSO

Your screen name will have some evolution from the current OVRBDGT to OVRBDGT x2 and then a total re-write to REALLY OVRBDGT or better yet -- BLOWNBDGT!!!

I'm south of you in Granger Indiana and have a place in Three Rivers MI -- do most of our boating there. However, we have gone out to Lake Michigan- New Buffalo, Michigan City, St. Joe and Holland. It really is pretty out there -- but as you may know Lake Michigan is un forgiving.
So when you select your boat -- which is going to be a blast-- just think a little bit to the future - do you want to have a boat that "you" decide when you going to the lake - or like us have to wait until the lake is relatively calm--

I have really enjoyed OSO and the wealth of information is awesome - Most of the folks here are in a different class of boating but there is a common thread that we all enjoy.

Take care and all the best!!

3pointstar
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Disregard the other suggested boat names. Jump right to "Screw-the-Budget"!

I understand about watching Boyne Thunder and getting the fastboat fever. If BT doesn't light your go-fast boat fire, your wood's wet!

Welcome to the insanity!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Registered

We live in Brighton....45min east of Lansing. Where to store a boat seems to be the biggest dilema. St.Clair is an option, but we have friends in the Boyne City area. It wouldnt be too big of an issue to head up on weekends to enjoy it....but what we "want" to do and what we would actually do are more than likely two different things.

My short list of boats to consider are Outerlimits and Active Thunder.....something in the 30-36' range....nothing older than 5yrs (with midwest like hours, lol), freshwater preferred....something to hold on to for a few years.

Maybe if I can convince the bride into that SL36 we'd call it "Waaaaaaaaay OVRBDGT"
Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We live in Brighton too and we trailer everywhere we go. It gets to be a pain at times, but we enjoy going to different areas around the state. But 80% of the time we go to st Clair. It's just over an hour tow and we're in the water and there's lots to do on that lake.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

If you're shopping for a 2010+ Outerlimits or Active Thunder that is pretty awesome for a first boat.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
If you're shopping for a 2010+ Outerlimits or Active Thunder that is pretty awesome for a first boat.
2 totally different boats also, not really comparable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.