Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Great Lakes Grand Prix next weekend, who's going? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/328978-great-lakes-grand-prix-next-weekend-whos-going.html)

Quick2500 07-27-2015 01:03 PM

Great Lakes Grand Prix next weekend, who's going?

Wondering who is planning on being at the race Sunday. Sound off, maybe we can anchor up in the same area and avoid dealing with 40' cruisers trying to plop right in front of the course. Strength in numbers.

ICDEDPPL 07-27-2015 06:38 PM

I shall be present.

Awash 07-27-2015 07:44 PM

I will be there on Sat. and Sun but first time there and I was unsure where to launch at or just run over from Winthrop and find a Marina with transient slips? so going to drive there this year and figure it out for next year to take the boat.

twin whackas 07-27-2015 09:18 PM

There will be a bunch of us with boats on the 800 dock in the Michigan city marina. Always a great time. If get time come on down the dock and say hi.

ICDEDPPL 07-27-2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Awash (Post 4334962)
I will be there on Sat. and Sun but first time there and I was unsure where to launch at or just run over from Winthrop and find a Marina with transient slips? so going to drive there this year and figure it out for next year to take the boat.

That be one long drive from Winthrop . Your best choices are public launch @ Portage and a 20 minute boat ride to M.C. or new Buffalo has a decent launch and a 20 min ride to M.C.
M.C. has transient slips so does Marina Shores in Portage and New Buffalo.
I will most likely launch @ Portage and get a slip in M.C on my own since my "friends" just got slips and never said a peep.

Quick2500 07-27-2015 09:48 PM

I drop in at New Buffalo, the hardest part is driving through town to get to the ramp. Plenty of room around the ramp and I've never really had to wait in line. $12 for out of staters.

ICDEDPPL 07-27-2015 09:58 PM

Only issue I have there is the ramps are short and when theres noone there to pay I`m always afraid of getting towed

harsin 07-28-2015 08:17 AM

Planning on going up on Friday and leaving on Monday. Getting a slip at Michigan City.

Enough 4 Play 07-28-2015 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL (Post 4335041)
Only issue I have there is the ramps are short and when theres noone there to pay I`m always afraid of getting towed

With the water levels being up the ramps are fine. Been boating out of that Harbor and ramp for 10 years with no issues of them towing your truck and trailer. Plenty of room to park with no issues.

Awash 07-28-2015 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL (Post 4335027)
That be one long drive from Winthrop . Your best choices are public launch @ Portage and a 20 minute boat ride to M.C. or new Buffalo has a decent launch and a 20 min ride to M.C.
M.C. has transient slips so does Marina Shores in Portage and New Buffalo.
I will most likely launch @ Portage and get a slip in M.C on my own since my "friends" just got slips and never said a peep.

Agree on the long boat ride nixed that idea early on unless I was running with someone, thank you for the information much appreciated. Sort of last minute but going to try and call M.C. see if any slips left.