Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2000 Welcraft Excalibur SCS 20 - wt* is with that windshield? >

2000 Welcraft Excalibur SCS 20 - wt* is with that windshield?

Notices

2000 Welcraft Excalibur SCS 20 - wt* is with that windshield?

Old 08-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Welcraft Excalibur SCS 20 - wt* is with that windshield?

Hello,

Willing to buy an Excalibur 20 SCS. "HIN decoder" says it's model 2000 built aug 1999. Seen it today and did the test run. The boat rides and looks really ok for its age. The ony thing that worries me is the windscreen - did they come with such a vertical angled one? Wellcrafts aren't really popular here. But most of those I've seen had a lot flatter/ more angled one. Owner says he has that sporty/powerboat lookaike lower windshield that came with the boat but never used it.

It looks like this:
Old 08-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

Yes thats the screen or winshield below is a 186 2001

Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Registered

Sorry, but I'm not native english and I'm not sure if I undertood you correctly.

Did you mean "my" windscreen is or isn't original? Most of the Excaliburs have the one looking like this:

So is it that somebody swapped the windscreen, or is it just that the boat came with two options???:
1. Low/angled windscreen from my last foto
2. Tall vertical windscreen from my first foto and that low windshield
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

I think your looking at a older model in you second picture, more of a flat window no curvature. The 186 I posted is stock and again notice the the front window it is curved glass notice how far back the curve goes in the first two pic's the third pic there is hardly any window wrapping around the cockpit. Well then so to speak I did a search of pics and found all of the above windshield's you might want to go to wellcraft.com and see if they played with winsheild's on different models for instance there is a ss and a ss/s model in the 186 line I'm sure there are different models in the excaliber line.

http://wellcraft.com/resources/information

Sport model and a SCS.

Top shot of the windscreen notice the curve and where the bracing is at. It would appear you have a bowrider windscreen on that cuddy.

Last edited by Pliant; 08-10-2015 at 02:27 PM.