Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OT: Thanks Canada..........

.....for your support in the War Against Terror
Attached Thumbnails OT: Thanks Canada..........-canadatank01.jpg  
Old 09-13-2002, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing against Canadiens, but did you guys see what their wussy-ass, little frenchie Prime Minister said about us yesterday?....He called us arrogant, unfounded and said he wholly does not support us.....Let's not forget this if they ever need our help again!

Check out the Canadien Coast Guard:
Attached Thumbnails OT: Thanks Canada..........-coastgaurd.jpg  
Old 09-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Wild Horses

Thumbs down

That is just the type of American stereotyping that pisses off Canadians. Canadians were the first country to stand beside and condemn the 9-11 attacks. When dozens of planes required refuge from the attacks of that day our airports were overrun with THOUSANDS of American travelers, many of whom were taken into Canadian homes for 2 or three days. Total Canadian strangers in fact came to the aid of Americans. Yes we do not have the military might of US but we gave what we could in Afghanistan. Our soldiers fought and even died over there, unfortunately due to the incompetence of American pilots. I believe they are to be charged in the deaths of four and wounding of eight of our soldiers by your government today. Yes it is war and accidents happen, however we stand not behind but beside your troops over there. In fact our ships are still patrolling the Gulf on active duty. I have a good friend who is over there on patrol right now and has given up everything to support this cause. Nothing personal Risk Taker…. Normally your OT’s are funny as hell, but this one got under my skin.

Trevor

Old 09-13-2002, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Do you share your PM's views?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

Jeez.............you try to be a little tongue in cheek, and look what happens........
Old 09-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Baja can you dig that clip up for me of our Prime Minister saying that? I find that quite odd as he was in Detroit on Monday I believe with your President discussing border security and other improvements. He then would turn around and say something like that? hmmmm ... let's see it.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Wild Horses

I agreed with many on his points made yesterday…. and disagree with others

The 9-11 attacks were caused by years American positioning in the Gulf, I agree – go figure. Not that I disagree with all of the US positions mind you. It was also caused by how powerful the Western world is being perceived by second and third world nations. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Sooner or later a swing is going to be thrown. Canada in included in the Western world. We just do not have anything to target other than downtown Toronto, which is where I am right now by the way. I understand his stance of wanting any aggression against Iraq to be taken via the UN, since Canada has worked for over 30 years to mature this forum of international diplomacy.

However, I totally disagree with our current position. The Presidents speech yesterday was awesome. You have one hell of a leader down there. I agree it is time for action to be taken. He is going about it the right way. Give the world a chance to join in and discuss then either way, go in later this month and show the world the proof they are waiting for and remove Sadam from power, with a bullet. That is my thought on this subject.

Our PM is a great leader when it comes to economic reform, but is too worried about offending to many Canadians and the reelection implications this could bring to his party.

God help us if you find out what he quoted earlier this week about needing proof. He should be removed from power just for that Dr. Seuss comment.

RT - there have been a lot of negative comments coming from the US lately about the Canadian position…. Just venting on you my friend. Sorry.

Old 09-13-2002, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Milord
Baja can you dig that clip up for me of our Prime Minister saying that? I find that quite odd as he was in Detroit on Monday I believe with your President discussing border security and other improvements. He then would turn around and say something like that? hmmmm ... let's see it.
I'll do my best...It was on the news last night.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

On a more serious note, The Canadian Prime Minister needs to get his **** together!

TORONTO — Prime Minister Jean Chretien's office denied that comments he made in a documentary on the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks implied U.S. policy was partly to blame, as reported by Canadian newspapers.

In an interview for a Canadian Broadcasting Corp. documentary that aired Wednesday, the first anniversary of the attacks that killed and injured thousands in the United States, Chretien was asked how Sept. 11 changed the world.

In the documentary, he spoke of a growing gap between rich and poor nations that caused resentment, and said Western nations must not exercise their power to the point of humiliating other countries.

"And that is what the Western world, not only the Americans, the Western world has to realize, because they (people in poor countries) are human beings too, and there are long-term consequences if you don't look hard at the reality in 10 or 20, or 30 years from now," Chretien said in the broadcast.

"And I do think that the Western world is going to be too rich in relation to the poor world," he continued. "And necessarily, you know, we're looked upon as being arrogant, self-satisfying, greedy and with no limits. And the 11th of September is an occasion for me to realize that it's even more."

Newspapers, including Canada's two national dailies The Globe and Mail and the National Post, reported Thursday that Chretien linked the Sept. 11 attacks to U.S. and Western attitudes.

Political opponents were divided in their response, with Canadian Alliance leader Stephen Harper saying Chretien owed an apology to the United States and families of victims of the attacks while Progressive Conservative leader Joe Clark said the prime minister's comments amounted to common sense.

What is this guy thinking? That I owe X % of my annual salary to some guy in a 3rd world country? The USA gives more foreign ad everyyear, then all the other "Western" countries COMBINED!

Sorry Risk, didn't mean to climb up on my soap box on your thread!
MD

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 09-13-2002 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Wildhorses,

I understand your position...Thanks for adding your info. Like I mentioned in my first line, No offense is meant to Canadiens, I like your nation, I like the people and I value Canada as a good neighbor, I just don't particularly care for your current leader(and from what I understand nor do most Canadiens, correct?)

Quick Reply: OT: Thanks Canada..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.