Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 29 2011 600sci always broke xr!!! >

Fountain 29 2011 600sci always broke xr!!!

Notices

Fountain 29 2011 600sci always broke xr!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Absolutely no Arneson drive!!

Not on a 29 Fountain. It's not just about not breaking. Who the heck knows how that would work. And I don't advise it unless you have a lot of R&D $$. Just unsure on that boat
I think what you meant to say was absolutely no drive that spins an "Offshore" style propeller. Unless you feel a #6, NXT, Indy, X-Power, or scx-4 swinging the same propeller magically will work better then an Arneson???

I completely understand the simplicity on staying with a bravo style prop but don't single out Arneson as a "bad" drive when its just a stronger and more efficient way to turn an "Offshore" style propeller.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

E
Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I think what you meant to say was absolutely no drive that spins an "Offshore" style propeller. Unless you feel a #6, NXT, Indy, X-Power, or scx-4 swinging the same propeller magically will work better then an Arneson???

I completely understand the simplicity on staying with a bravo style prop but don't single out Arneson as a "bad" drive when its just a stronger and more efficient way to turn an "Offshore" style propeller.
I did not mean it that way. I like Arensons, just not on that boat. I mean like I said who knows how it would run.
I know Howard Arneson and Rik Wimp personally.

They are great drives. Just not the right set up for that boat. I know it wouldn't break tho. Lol
Old 08-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP could you post a pic of your boat?
Old 08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
OP could you post a pic of your boat?
Agree with you. I'd like to see a pic of a 2011 just to see what they've done with paint and updates. Do they have the new cabin and interior? I didn't even know they had built any 29's this recently.

I'm looking forward to seeing the all new 29 to be released in a few months according to their website.

RR
Old 08-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely no Arneson drive!!

Not on a 29 Fountain. It's not just about not breaking. Who the heck knows how that would work. And I don't advise it unless you have a lot of R&D $$. Just unsure on that boat
Chad from your great world of experience I just have one real serious question... How the hell do you know it won't work?
Old 08-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Chad from your great world of experience I just have one real serious question... How the hell do you know it won't work?

Rik- I didn't say it would not work. Just no one knows how it would perform. And unless the guy wants to take a chance and do all the R&D with HIS $$. I wouldn't take the chance of it not working on that boat.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Registered

My bad for putting absolutely no Arneson drive in the beginning. But as you can see from reading the rest of that post- I never said it wouldn't work. I said its a big un known. That's a big diffrence
Old 08-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

My bad for putting absolutely no Arneson drive in the beginning. But as you can see from reading the rest of that post- I never said it wouldn't work. I said its a big un known. That's a big diffrence
wouldn't that be more with using any drive that is surfacing as opposed to the drive itself?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Chad, your like the little chicken that won't cross the road as it doesn't know what's on the other side.

How do you know a Bravo would work on it unless someone tried it? Seriously, I'm not saying it would be good nor bad but I sure as H don't tell people to avoid something simply because I don't know anything about it.

In those vast situations I merely keep my expert opinion to myself.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
wouldn't that be more with using any drive that is surfacing as opposed to the drive itself?
This is the point that Kevin was trying to clarify, however....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.