Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes! >

We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes!

Notices

We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes!

Old 09-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes!

Well, those yuppy-ass yachtsmen and blowdorks are at it again...

Check it out: Duh, What's a Poker Run??

They're having a field day of Bashing "Go-fasts" and "Cigarette Boats"

[Special Thanks to OSO members C_Spray, MikeStar, Padraig and Puder for defending us]

Last edited by Baja Daze; 09-12-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting used to the bashing. Up here we have a forum Winnipesaukee.com where that has become one of the favorite pasttimes. I, along with a bunch of other guys, have tried to defend ourselves, but I for one have given up. My last stand was a letter to the editor which they did publish

To make matters worse, sadly we had a fatal accident a few weeks ago and the responsible boat appears to have been a 36 Outlaw. All I hear now is Baja, Baja, like its some kind of plague. I've even started to get snotty looks from other boaters. Oh well.

Interestingly, a friend of mine is a sales manager at the Baja dealership and he said Baja sales have actually gone up!

Hang in, united we stand. They're all probably a bunch of jealous bastards anyway

BTW, here's a quote from the thread Daze is talking about
It's the only way go-fast owners could figure out to actually find a use for their boats, other than docking them at restaurants or running them 60 mph in and out of inlets.

Last edited by bajadude; 09-12-2002 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Here's another. What a bunch of aholes!

Poker Run = Go fast-boats with illegal exhausts, ugly graphics and big boob blondes bouncing away while the boats travel up and down waterways at excessive speeds, stopping in between runs to collect a *card* while pumping down large quantities of booze. The ritual is repeated througout the day at various watering holes until the waterways are filled with go-fast boats with alcohol impaired operators.
I need a drink, then I think I'll take my inflatable doll for a quick blast in my loud, ugly boat.

Last edited by bajadude; 09-12-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I never even thought it was that bad. I mean there's plenty of people that will complain and ***** about just about everything or every group, but geez, what an eyeopener. I've never noticed before...As a matter of fact, most of the questions I get at the marina or out and about are genuinely interested questions and compliments and "Can I go for a ride" type of stuff.

I consider myself a boater, foremost, and performance-oriented second. I follow all the rules, I frequently brush up on my navigational education and am always courteous and respectful. I know how to nagivate, when and to whom to give right of way, etc. This goes for most everyone I boat with and all of you guys, too. The best debates and threads generated here are regarding rules and what to do and what happened in this or that accident.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But so far, I don't see anything that has to do with boating in those designs, I just see fiberglass encased engines.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 09-12-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Registered

Thing is, we're more noticable than a 22' bowrider.

Have you ever noticed that whenever you go through a channel, or are tied up at a public dock, the kids always say nice boat our give you the thumbs up. That must really piss of the parents, eh

I've stoped letting in bother me. Like I said, just a bunch of ignorant, jealous, minivan driving $%^*(&(). I just want to make sure we are all represented when it comes to things like speed limits, etc.

If some of the people up here had it their way, we'd all be riding in canoes.

BTW, I think we should get some bats and pay Jim Bailey a visit! Needs a little attitude adjustment.

Last edited by bajadude; 09-12-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Dude!

I'm not terribly bothered by it, just appalled at the level of ill-conceived ignorant opinions.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Look what got nominations in the "Ugliest Boat You've ever seen" Thread.

(1)
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

(2)
Attached Thumbnails We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes!-niven_gallery.jpg  
Old 09-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Registered

Daze,

I'm with you. I guess its been getting to me a bit lately, but more so because most of the irresponsible behvior I see on our lake is coming from the people who *****in about us.

Plus, I know in the winter they'll change from bashing performance boats to bashing sleds! Got to get me some politically correct hobbies

Oh well, playing hookey tomorrow and going boating. Supposed to be in the 80s up here for the next few days. Never know how many more we're going to get.

Quick Reply: We're taking a beating...What a bunch of As*holes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.