Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ed Crippen - BoaterEd (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32951-ed-crippen-boatered.html)

PhantomChaos 09-13-2002 07:23 PM

Ed Crippen - BoaterEd

I saw your message on BoaterEd.......I knew it would be changed in a matter of seconds.

ORIGINAL
To whom it may concern,
I go out of town on business for a week and all hell breaks loose regarding go-fast boats, blond bombos and penis length.
Well hear this since the poker run thread is locked.
I own a go-fast. My wife is blond and has a masters degree,,makes more than most of you and has small brests. I look at my penis occasionally and have noticed no loss of length since owning a go-fast.

I know Freckles and Bill 272 and you also insulted them. they are extremely nice people and boat safely with their children on their go-fast. Mike Star had a go-fast and his family is nice and considerate also. You have probably lost some longtime members due to your descriptions of GO-FAST operators.

I've never spoken out against PWC's since I've always felt the do-gooders will come after GO-FASTERS next and possibly the Bayliners afterwards and then maybe the boat with teal canvas and possibly by then things wil be right.

Les, you're right that we poke fun at everyone on occasions but this like many PWC threads gained steam and got ugly.

Sylvain,
For a excellent go-fast site visit offshoreonly.com , see you there.

bye
=======================

Now
To whom it may concern,
I go out of town on business for a week and all hell breaks loose regarding go-fast boats, blond bombos and penis length.
Well hear this since the poker run thread is locked.
I own a go-fast. My wife is blond and has a masters degree,,makes more than most of you and has small breasts. I look at my penis occasionally and have noticed no loss of length since owning a go-fast.

I know Freckles and Bill 272 and you also insulted them. they are extremely nice people and boat safely with their children on their go-fast. Mike Star had a go-fast and his family is nice and considerate also. You have probably lost some longtime members due to your descriptions of GO-FAST operators.

I've never spoken out against PWC's since I've always felt the do-gooders will come after GO-FASTERS next and possibly the Bayliners afterwards and then maybe the boat with teal canvas and possibly by then things wil be right.

Les, you're right that we poke fun at everyone on occasions but this like many PWC threads gained steam and got ugly.

bye

============================

Personally, I can't find any use for a site that edits and deletes posts like this, and what we saw the other day. I guess it kinda bugs me that I made four "normal" posts there, and now I've been deleted as a user. It's too bad because the site is supposed to be about Boater Eduacation and Safety, but I get a weird feeling that I'm basically reading one man's thoughts, or everyone's thoughts that have been passed through a moderator's filter and approved for posting.

I'm very happy that OSO has never taken this stance. It would render the site useless after awhile.

CigDaze 09-14-2002 09:27 AM

I agree with you Nort...Thanks for posting!

hp500efi 09-14-2002 09:36 AM

Nort, I also agree 100%. They recently claimed they "were kidding", you know "joking around with the go fast crowd", they should have known that "those jokes are industry standards"

HaHaHa, it was good that we took a stance because I see now that they are back peddling a little and realizing that maybe they went off the handle.

I think those guys should all pull down their pants and check to see if they even have a ..... well you fill in the blank :)

Jeff

OG Outlaw 24 09-14-2002 10:56 AM

Erased Post

Someone started a thread on les's forum about the idea of starting a go-fast forum on their board. A few others replied, some said yes, some said no, the post said they were looking for a moderator. I wrote a paragraph about how I would like to be a fair moderator. It was up for about a half hour and then my post was the only one Les deleted. F%ck Les and F%ck everyone that supports him.:eek:

OG

Bill272 09-14-2002 08:23 PM

Ed posts on this site under "Interceptor". The bad part of this whole BoaterEd thing is we met Ed and Mike Star as a direct result of that website.

Interceptor 09-15-2002 11:09 AM

All,
I've been a long time member and poaster at BoaterEd.com. They are a more conservative bunch there. If you are looking for some good discussion regarding rule of the road, real use of electronics for navigation, very good engine mechanical advice and excellent parts pricing via BoatFix the site has value.

I'dve become more of a lurker there and more active here. The poker run post probably will cause me to infrequently visit BoaterEd in the future. I.ve always detected some hostility towards our type boats there. Occasionally I'd post something regarding speed or style/type of boat and get a so called all in fun zinger in response.

The pokerrun response insulted me, family and friends as I replied in the follow-on thread.

ed

jr 09-16-2002 09:36 AM

Ed, sorry things kinda went sour. I haven't been over there in awhile. I still will buy things from George based on the amount of assistance and phone calls he has given me.

I'm going over there now and look around.

Jeff

Cord 09-16-2002 09:44 AM

I don't think that GVP has any problem with go-fast boats. I believe the entire problem is with Les Hall. That's not to say that George knows anything about us though.

jr 09-16-2002 10:40 AM

I never thought George did. He is pretty neutral when it comes to boats. If it has a motor he likes it, if it doesn't, he can get you one.

PhantomChaos 09-16-2002 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Cord
I don't think that GVP has any problem with go-fast boats. I believe the entire problem is with Les Hall. That's not to say that George knows anything about us though.

My feelings exactly. I've sent him two nice emails asking why I've been deleted as a user.........no response.

Hey Too Old......I guess he likes you...............so far. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"He seems like a good guy. He may have come over here with a small chip on his shoulder but I hope he can wade through the South thread and stay with us a while."

Les Hall, ATC Forum Host