Notices

New Racing Class

Old 08-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Racing Class

I was thinking about a new Racing class. With all the giant motor kick ass quad CC Set ups out there.

Stock CC Fish Class

triples or quads 1200 HP Max. Full T Top. Coolers (With Ice) Full Electronics/Radar/Stereo etc.

Fish all morning . come back take the rods off ..race. After the race Pick your friends up at the dock... go party at an island.... Back in time for awards.

What do you think?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't they already have that class? It's called pleasure boating. Only politics is the wife saying slow down.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Treehunter
Don't they already have that class? It's called pleasure boating. Only politics is the wife saying slow down.
LMAO .. good one. politics are as rough as real racing in that class.

Wouldn't have to wait to the dock for a cold one
Old 08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

It becomes a big circle.

When simple racing becomes entangled by rules and restrictions, it begins a slow death....then someone comes along with a fresh idea of looking at boat racing in a new manner and it becomes alive and fresh again.

What started out many years ago as an extension of endurance racing.....Miami 9 hour, Salton Sea 500, Parker Enduro..etc etc evolved into real offshore racing. The key was the manufacturers saw an opportunity to show the public how well built their boats were and the engine manufacturers jumped on board. "If this boat and engine package can live through this ordeal of offshore racing....then you and your family will be safe when you venture offshore...blah, blah, blah"

The public loved it and started buying these "New" designed boats that did things "Ordinary" boats could not do.

Center Consoles have been hot for a few years now.....would they hold the interest of the public in a racing series or should another "NEW" idea come around now?

People are always ready for a new idea in racing, especially if they think they have a shot at winning.

This could be an excellent sounding board for what the high performance market feels would be a good challenge.

Hopefully it will be some kind of return to offshore with navigation and long courses. How about a restriction on the fuel capacity, but the courses are all 200 miles in length. That forward movement benefits all boaters.

Let's hear those ideas....Thanks Maximus for waking us up!!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I think the issue with distance racing in offshore is spectators lose site. People say these closer shorter courses aren't real offshore racing but to me it seems they are trying to keep the boats in spectators site. Without spectators the cash flow isn't there. People wouldn't flock to these cities if they couldn't see the boats racing. Although I don't know the cost involved it would be nice to see a trial "grandstand" set up on these beaches. i think that would help and honestly limit classes. The average person has trouble following when 2 or 3 classes are racing at one time. Plus with 2 major bodies in SBI and OPA it thins the herd a little.

With grandstands of sorts tickets could be sold. They have massive mobile stages can't imagine a grandstand would be that hard to temporarily get set up. Classes say single v, twin v, single cat, twin cat then a full on unlimited. Stick power limits for the single and twin classes. At least then if you raced 2 at a time it would be easier to tell the cat from the v. Stuff along those lines to help people become more interested
Old 08-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch bad ass boats with names like Teague and Scott B running them balls out ?

or my fat a$$ neighbor Sal giving it hell in his intrepid with his titch bits bouncing around at 65 mph?

Hmmmmmmm......
Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have every intention of racing in the near future BUT there aren't any classes that work well for a racer on a budget. the old a, b, c, d, factory sealed, p5,4,3,2,1 classes are a thing of the past and eliminates a lot of people who would or could get involved in a sport so many love. it's truly a rich mans sport, i just wish there were more options in the racing world for the younger generation or someone on somewhat of a budget.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
i have every intention of racing in the near future BUT there aren't any classes that work well for a racer on a budget. the old a, b, c, d, factory sealed, p5,4,3,2,1 classes are a thing of the past and eliminates a lot of people who would or could get involved in a sport so many love. it's truly a rich mans sport, i just wish there were more options in the racing world for the younger generation or someone on somewhat of a budget.
Not to come off brash but Is this sarcasm? Only reason I say that is because opa class 5 and 6 (and even 7 for that matter) have had some pretty good boat counts the last few seasons. This past race in 5 there were 12 boats, 9 or 10 in class 6 and 6-7 in class 7. All 3 of these classes are going to be budget friendly as Motorsport racing anything is going to get. More then afew 5, 6 and 7 class guys are running on pretty tight budgets and are competitive. Is it cheap? No, but that's all realitive to what you consider cheap but it's definitely doable on a budget. Do some teams go all out absolutely but you have that in any form of competition. Are any of the organizations perfect? Hardly, they all have flaws but if you want to race there are boats that can be had at a good price and can be competitive and win.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess i'm just not very informed on the opa classes. i need to do some homework and see whats out there. i only see what they offer at key west every year, sbi? i know all of the different sanctions have different rules and classes and that makes it difficult as well. you can race all year with one group and head to the keys and run under a different set of rules?
Old 09-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P4 in SBI is pretty affordable, single engine 28/30 ft . Not sure what type of budget u r looking for but that class is a great bunch of guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.