Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running?

Notices

Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running?

Old 08-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
This is the way I look at it:

If you have super loud exhaust, your boat (or car or bike or sled) better be f*king fast or your just posing and pissing off people with unwanted noise.

I've got that covered.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

https://youtu.be/28EL6E5RjEE

Need ear plugs.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
This is the way I look at it:

If you have super loud exhaust, your boat (or car or bike or sled) better be f*king fast or your just posing and pissing off people with unwanted noise.

I agree 100% My buddies 100+ MPH 40 outlaw with 900sc and dry exhaust= Awesome, my 60mph formula 242 with dry exhaust= ricer on the water.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Try a different angle on your question as I think many would avoid dry exhaust if they could without risking inversion or performance loss-

Of those who have dry exhaust do you prefer the sound of your dry exhaust for everyday use? Or, would the ride be just as enjoyable if using wet exhaust or mufflers if your application allowed without impacting performance?

I love a roudy rumble and crisp exhaust bark but the really loud exhaust can wear on your passengers. Locally there is a sweet Nortech with big Chief power that sounds sick in a good way but I've noticed passengers always wearing headsets. Smaller point to consider- do you want the additional attention from LE that your additional exhaust noise will bring?
maybe im a different bird but i really couldn't care less what the passengers on my boat think about the noise. i like it loud and nasty, if they don't like it, they certainly don't have to come lol. they don't pay for any part of my boat, nothing like dry stellings with nasty blower surge
Old 08-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
My exhaust is dry all the way through the transom and dumps water right at the end. I have switchable mufflers and the water mixes where the mufflers bolt on.
With my mufflers closed, my 502mpi's sound about like 525efi's with wet exhaust.
With the mufflers open, it is quite a bit louder, especially at cruise speeds in the 3000-3500rpm range. I prefer to cruise with the mufflers closed.
Your mufflers flaps don`t get damaged at cruise? I`ve blown a few off when they haven`t opened fully.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 14 apache
holy crap
!!!!!!!

I find myself only closing my mufflers if I see the cops, seems weird to drive a big ol cig with blowers and a blower hatch that sounds like a 350. The kids put on headsets right away, me and the wife usually only under way.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-17-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the cans on the back and the water dump is right before the down pipe in the y pipe I wonder what my 500 efis would sound like dry to the tip
Old 08-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Your mufflers flaps don`t get damaged at cruise? I`ve blown a few off when they haven`t opened fully.
Never a problem. They are air actuated Gaffrigs.
Attached Thumbnails Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running?-103-small-.jpg