Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running? >

Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running?

Notices

Any Videos Of Dry Exhaust Running?

Old 08-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
do you have drive showers?I've seen boats w/ them get by w/ all the spray hitting them.
I do and maybe that's what's saving them. I just figured they hadn't burned up because they stay pinned to the bottom of the swim platform but you're probably right.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For everyday boating, dry exhaust is too loud in my opinion. Had it on my kryptonite with a single 564ci and at idle it was too loud for passengers.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Pissed Off Police Officer
lol..I know. It was more a comment in jest. We have zero noise ordnance. Make it as loud as you want down here.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://youtu.be/QLIk8QoAark

Last edited by Rbesola; 08-17-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Registered

https://youtu.be/s-_6MKPPoNQ

Last edited by Rbesola; 08-17-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Try a different angle on your question as I think many would avoid dry exhaust if they could without risking inversion or performance loss-

Of those who have dry exhaust do you prefer the sound of your dry exhaust for everyday use? Or, would the ride be just as enjoyable if using wet exhaust or mufflers if your application allowed without impacting performance?

I love a roudy rumble and crisp exhaust bark but the really loud exhaust can wear on your passengers. Locally there is a sweet Nortech with big Chief power that sounds sick in a good way but I've noticed passengers always wearing headsets. Smaller point to consider- do you want the additional attention from LE that your additional exhaust noise will bring?
Old 08-17-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Try a different angle on your question as I think many would avoid dry exhaust if they could without risking inversion or performance loss-

Of those who have dry exhaust do you prefer the sound of your dry exhaust for everyday use? Or, would the ride be just as enjoyable if using wet exhaust or mufflers if your application allowed without impacting performance?

I love a roudy rumble and crisp exhaust bark but the really loud exhaust can wear on your passengers. Locally there is a sweet Nortech with big Chief power that sounds sick in a good way but I've noticed passengers always wearing headsets. Smaller point to consider- do you want the additional attention from LE that your additional exhaust noise will bring?
If I was in the boat everyday by myself I would run dry, just love the snap! Realistically though with the girlfriend or other passengers it gets sort of old. Even idling around in the no wake zones makes it tough to talk.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230

I love loud exhaust, but dry gets old quick. I've owned several loud boats, but the 39 Top Gun with dry Stellings got annoying quick. One of the reasons the boat was eventually sold. I'd rather hear the super chargers.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:31 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

This is the way I look at it:

If you have super loud exhaust, your boat (or car or bike or sled) better be f*king fast or your just posing and pissing off people with unwanted noise.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
lol..I know. It was more a comment in jest. We have zero noise ordnance. Make it as loud as you want down here.
up here its a 375 dollar first offense ticket . and goes up from there .. po po up here dont like powerboats as do many others .. have to do the right thing to save our sport .. at least up in the north

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.