Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key west hotel info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/330070-key-west-hotel-info.html)

Bostonirish 08-24-2015 02:01 PM

Key west hotel info

im sure I could do a search and find out this info as in sure it's been discussed but that's not fun. Can anyone recommend a hotel for the poker run in November. It's coming quick and I need a couple rooms. Some suggestions would be great. Unknown the ocean key house is already full as of now.

shunter2005 08-24-2015 04:52 PM

May be full already, but try the Pier House. Very nice, private beach, kind of expensive, but close to everything.

Bostonirish 08-24-2015 06:08 PM

Thank you I will check it out

sonicss42 08-24-2015 08:50 PM

Hyatt on Front St. Westin on Front St

Nastybug 08-24-2015 09:05 PM

Ive been going down Key West last few years and Stay in "The Southern Most Hotel On the Beach" Its at the opposite end of Duval Street from Mallory Square. I stayed down the other end years ago when I was a kid in college. Thats the total party end. Its awesome if you want it all right outside your door. Ive come to like the other end of Duval at the hotel I stated before. There is a public Topless beach right next door and it pretty much gets the best hotel award every year. Its not cheap but its a great place. You can take a cab for 10 bucks with tip to the other end of Duval where all the action is in about 5 minutes. Its a quieter option and very relaxing. The amenities are great. rooms probably range from 400 to 1000.00 dollars a night. You can't go wrong if this is where you stay. If you look up there direct web site there are several web cams you can check out.

glassdave 08-24-2015 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nastybug (Post 4346969)
Ive been going down Key West last few years and Stay in "The Southern Most Hotel On the Beach" Its at the opposite end of Duval Street from Mallory Square. I stayed down the other end years ago when I was a kid in college. Thats the total party end. Its awesome if you want it all right outside your door. Ive come to like the other end of Duval at the hotel I stated before. There is a public Topless beach right next door and it pretty much gets the best hotel award every year. Its not cheap but its a great place. You can take a cab for 10 bucks with tip to the other end of Duval where all the action is in about 5 minutes. Its a quieter option and very relaxing. The amenities are great. rooms probably range from 400 to 1000.00 dollars a night. You can't go wrong if this is where you stay. If you look up there direct web site there are several web cams you can check out.

we stayed down that end last time I was down a year or so ago an I gotta agree we liked it a lot. plus its was walking distance to what I feel is the best restaurant in the keys, Louie's Backyard.

Bostonirish 08-25-2015 10:03 AM

Thanks again.

Bostonirish 08-25-2015 10:23 AM

Place looks great and they have rooms loos like my nest option thanks again

Bostonirish 08-25-2015 05:49 PM

Well I booked the southern most. Prices I didn't think we're all that bad and the reviews sound great. Thank you for recommendation. Looking forward to it

Nastybug 08-25-2015 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bostonirish (Post 4347354)
Well I booked the southern most. Prices I didn't think we're all that bad and the reviews sound great. Thank you for recommendation. Looking forward to it

There are two hotels associated with the property. One is The Southern most Hotel and one is The southern most on the Beach. You can use anything on all of the properties no matter which one you picked. Its just that one is across the street from the other which is on the beach. The whole facility is great. Just wanted you to understand the difference in where you may have booked. Tell Megan the bartender at the main pool bar Steve Lane said Hi. She's great.