Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-17-2002, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Doctor Dave,

The old U-GOTTA-REGATTA run---what good memories from the mid-late 80's. I remember it being so hard to get the word out from here to Chicago back then. Besides there weren't as many offshore boats and boaters like there is today. This internet stuff can make things a whole lot easier to get the word out.

Anyway, those were some good times back then weren't they? We used to run from St. Joe to South Haven for lunch and then to Saugatuck and spend the night. We'd have about 20-30 boats participate. Savage, Malandrino, The Dealer, Conquest, Home Wrecker, War Hawk, Stampede, Poltergiest, Tuff E-Nuff, Offshore Horror, Thriller, Runnin' Hot, Billy The Kid, Top Banana, Mr. Gone, Steelin' Away, Gwiedo, Just For The Rush, Rambo, Wet Vette, just to name a few. Heck we practically had the whole Italian Navy there from Chicago!

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-17-2002 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is any one else besides me planning on coming down from North Point?
Old 09-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 09-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

Payton, by the way, B4M was kind enough to set me up with a new avaitar.

See you folks soon!!
Old 09-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

Your welcome honey.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm all in for the 50 MPH cruise. Those all out blasts are tough on the motors and drives.
Hopefully the weather will be ok

Mark
Old 09-17-2002, 04:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

So, what time do all y'all plan on meeting in MI City? Noon, 1 pm, ??????

How about noon Chicago time which would be 1 pm on our MI time. Otherwise, us Michiganders will be getting sleepy if we do it too late

Let's set some times so I can fill some folks in here that are not on OSO just in case they also want to run.

Doctor Dave.....You should get Tim out again! Ya think he's up for a trip to MI City? Just start him off on MGD Friday night and he'll be fine.

KAAMA, remember if a time is set to leave from St Joe, tell everyone a time that is 1/2 hour early

Quiet Storm, If you run from South Haven, have you talked to Kaama about arriving in St Joe about the time we'd leave here?

Candyman,
Bring that clattering truck of yours over here to "the hood" and you can run with us Of course, you run a little faster than we normally do.

Mark
Old 09-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey listen you guys, I not the one who's setting any times. It's ALL going to depend on what time CANDYMAN/Dan says to meet in Michigan City. We will figure on departure times from St. Joe to that. Heck, I'm not in charge---I'm just going for a glorified boat ride like everyone else---it's just that we're all going together and in the same direction with the same destination in mind.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by KAAMA
Hey listen you guys, I not the one who's setting any times. It's ALL going to depend on what time CANDYMAN/Dan says to meet in Michigan City. We will figure on departure times from St. Joe to that. Heck, I'm not in charge---I'm just going for a glorified boat ride like everyone else---it's just that we're all going together and in the same direction with the same destination in mind.
Mark/KAAMA,
Not sure if youre' referring to my post or not, but I meant anyone you tell like Doc Dave, or it you talk to Scarab or Quietstorm not on the board, etc. That's what I meant. LIke, for example, if Lorenz were to call Bruce (Thriller) or Joe (Dirty Laundry) and mention it, etc. Always best to give some fluff time for things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

Having said that,,,,,,Dan, let's all agree on a time And post it here so we all know "what time it is".

Mark
Old 09-17-2002, 08:02 PM
DOCTOR DAVE

lets all launch at 6am.....i love to see the sun come up, besides that we could stop 8 or 10 times on the way down to warm up and wipe the tears out of our ears. maybe we could buzz the fish guys a few times, stop at the cove for a swim, stop at grand mere for a beer, stop at new buff to wake everyone up, and still be in mich city early! beside the beach property owner in st joe would love us

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.