Just got in from a town meeting >

Just got in from a town meeting

Notices

Just got in from a town meeting

Old 09-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Just got in from a town meeting

I attended the Naples, Maine town meeting tonight. The main topic of the evening was "Excessive boat noise"

I have been in the local paper all summer because some folks hate my loud boat

I sat through this meeting and bit my tongue, while these goons with nothing else to complain about, ragged on and on about how the "Jerk in the 38 Cigarette" ruined thier summer

I sat in the back row while they lambasted me and my boat. As the meeting was coming to a close, I got up and introduced myself to the guy that called me the "jerk"

I said hello, I`m Kurt. I`m the "jerk" in the Cigarette He turned several shaded of red/purple and started shaking and ran out of the room I had followed him out in the hall and he refused to talk to me and said "your the enemy" and was sweating profusely I then cornered him and insisted that he shake my hand and talk after a fair amount of persistence, I was able to converse with him. After talking to the guy who has caused me so much grief all season ( court date for excessive noise next week) I felt sorry for him that he has so little going on in his life that all he has to dwell on is a noisy boat every now and then

I am glad I attened the meeting, several of his followers had commented that It took a lot of guts to show up at this meeting alone and "take the heat"

I do feel better as most of the folks complaining about loud boats are very old and they will be dead soon

Kurt
Old 09-23-2002, 11:06 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts
Default Re: Just got in from a town meeting

Originally posted by Biggus
:
I do feel better as most of the folks complaining about loud boats are very old and they will be dead soon

Kurt
LMAO

Maybe you could just ask them to turn down the volume on their hearing aids .......or turn up the volume on their TV's to watch Matlock and Murder She Wrote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep running the boat and give them heart attacks.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish I could have been that

Jon
Old 09-24-2002, 07:19 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

You did the right thing. I think a good idea would be to take a few of them on a ride and show them how much fun it is. Of course it would be fun to scare the poop out of them by taking flight in some rough seas but that wouldn't accomplish anything except a big on your face. Take them for a nice mellow ride and they might like it and see our side of the equation.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Nice way to handle a tense situation , Kurt.

You may win them all over yet !
Old 09-24-2002, 07:29 AM
sroker

Hey! I'm old, but I like loud noise;
and big print!

Old 09-24-2002, 08:07 AM
DJD
Registered

Biggus, done like a true gentleman! VERY good way to handle it!
I had a similar problem a few yrs back at the Yacht Club. Many of the old timers were disgusted to have a boat like mine there. I would strike up conversations with them over time & finally took several for a ride. They had a blast!
Old 09-24-2002, 08:09 AM
DJD
Registered

p.s. I cant believe they had to hold a meeting about the sound of your boat
When are these people going to get on with their lives & stop worrying about everyone else????
Old 09-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Registered

Yes you found out who the enemy was.....the older generation. As we all get older we tend to forget when we and they were younger and ran cars or what have you with out mufflers.......long before the laws came into effect on noise and pollution of the streets
Yes...I commend you on going to the meeting ...I myself would have gone. They have nothing better to do.....except have meetings and play cards....
They probably had baseball cards or balloons on their bicycle spokes

Quick Reply: Just got in from a town meeting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.