Notices

Defender Powerboats Inc Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2015, 07:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Defender Powerboats Inc Owners Forum

Hello OSO Nation,

My name is Phil Vargas and I am trying to get my company, Defender Powerboats Inc. in the "OSO Owners Forum"
Some of you might know me, some might not. I have a thread on the "Chief" forum called
"21 Scout Making a Comeback" The thread has over 48,000 views and is mostly comprised
of my boat build from gelcoating of the molds to the ongoing progress of my upholstery of the boat.
I have made several request to the OSO moderators to add me to the owners forum and transfer my thread
so other powerboat enthusiasts can enjoy and give there input but I haven't had any response to date.
Recently I became a Platinum member and sent emails but to no avail, no response, no feedback and
no information from any moderator on how I can be in the Forum. I am a retired US Military serviceman
with military tours all over the world and yes Iraq, Afghanistan as well. I don't mean to toot my horn about
my military service but if I can put myself in harms way for my Country and it's citizens I don't see why
I can not enjoy my retirement years boating and living my life without being disrespected
and ignored. I might get kicked off OSO for writing this but at least I know I went down fighting, the
way I wanted to go when I was in the Hot Zone. If anyone knows how I can get into the Owners Forum please let me know.

Thank you,

Phil Vargas/President
Defender Powerboats Inc.
[email protected]

Last edited by PhilV30; 08-29-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:15 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

I second this notion !
Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You played the vet card not good, I've seen the boats they look good, you a cop?
Old 08-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

I doubt you're being disrespected. Probably need more volume of boats to get a forum.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck phil I am sure that you will get the results that you seek. I am very glad that you are making things happen . please give me a call . rus 407 760 3481. i have some ideas most of them off center. One has not to be middle of the road to take the lead. the #1 spot is definitively off center . I will be in Miami the first week of September can we come see these boats and visit you .

Last edited by raceboat rus; 08-30-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

It's not a disrespect issue. There are many manufacturers not in that section. Volume of boats and also what models do you have? Is there an offshore performance boat? 30+
Old 08-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

It's a big man who stands up to fight for the good of his country and fellow men. Nothing can ever take that away from you. As Interceptor said, I doubt there is any disrespect from the forum but they should answer your emails/messages. I too wonder if there is the number of owners and followers to support an 'owners forum'. By definition, such a forum or thread belongs to the boat owners and you may not have the numbers to justify on oso.

With due respect, the owners of oso are running a business and they need to take care of things, looking after their customers and advertisers (us) but not forgetting the almighty $$$. If the support base for your request is sufficient to create a friendly, informative and lucrative addition, I would think they will pick it up.

Just my 2 cents worth but whatever happens, it's no reason to loose interest in your hobby and business of Defender Powerboats. I've had a look on Facebook and Defender Boats look great, any likelihood of a website in the near future? Could be a good tool to promote more awareness.

Good luck Phil with Defender and enjoy you well earned (semi) retirement!

RR
Old 08-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Good luck Phil

You build a great product and you help remind us of how many started with smaller boats and then grew into larger and larger boats, as our incomes grew.

I am sure that you be granted your request. Hang in there.