Notices

Shootout Thoughts

Old 09-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We thought it was a great event, and the weather was perfect!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
I was a little bummed that a certain big green Mystic didn't at least make a run for the fans. In a brief discussion with them "we didn't have race fuel" (plenty of barrels of that sitting on the dock) "we just set up for the poker run:" (that takes a set up?) ..."we didn't bring the proper bring pullys" ...Ok OK got it. ..Maybe next year a little less time getting your matching race shirts together and little more time racing. That aside, fab event as always.
Maybe they just wanted to enjoy their weekend and have some fun. I'm sure most everybody else just enjoyed being able to check out ENVY at the docks.
They obviously took the time to talk to you and answer some questions and then you bad mouth them for not making a run??
Your post only shows that you have no clue what you are even talking about anyway.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Maybe they just wanted to enjoy their weekend and have some fun. I'm sure most everybody else just enjoyed being able to check out ENVY at the docks.
They obviously took the time to talk to you and answer some questions and then you bad mouth them for not making a run??
Your post only shows that you have no clue what you are even talking about anyway.
I agree with Griff.

Also they have committed (and bet) to be in Clearwater for the races. They prob didn't want to take any chances, take it easy, and assure the boat makes it to the races with no issues.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
I was a little bummed that a certain big green Mystic didn't at least make a run for the fans. In a brief discussion with them "we didn't have race fuel" (plenty of barrels of that sitting on the dock) "we just set up for the poker run:" (that takes a set up?) ..."we didn't bring the proper bring pullys" ...Ok OK got it. ..Maybe next year a little less time getting your matching race shirts together and little more time racing. That aside, fab event as always.
On Saturday evening told us they were too hung over to make it to the Shootout Saturday. Must have been a "multiple choice" question.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

The results are in:

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html
Old 09-01-2015, 06:38 AM
Racer
Racer

Ten thoughts

1st... no one got hurt. After last year.. big win for the event

2nd ... It was great entertainment ...the short bit i saw was fun to watch. Some kick ass boats..wow!

3rd..for those there...gave you a reason to use your boat and party w friends. Big win for you

4th.... Girls can go fast too..Big win for the Ladies

5th... It's a 1 mile run... Offshore Races and drag races there is a difference .. Both fun as hell to watch ...remember a race requires 36 runs (2.5 mi each) full tilt back to back in whatever the water throws at you ...rarely is it as calm as a lake. and usually your equipment is thrashed afterwards. I liked the drags of the show better than the single runs. great to watch

6th... It's entertainment... better than watching lawnmower racing ..lol

7th... Maybe Miss GEICO will make her way back out to try her luck one year in the future.

8th...maybe American Ethanol will come out to the racetrack

9th... Midwestern girls in Bikinis are hot

10.. Other than ego's... No one got hurt

Great job to the organizers and racers in the event.

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 09-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I think it was a huge success after what happened last year. Qatar laying down 244mph and the accident didn't discourage anyone from showing up! No one got hurt, weather was perfect, huge attendance both racers and spectators! Congrats to the organizers, volunteers and sponsors!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shoot out was great ! TV footage was not the best !! As long as we all had fun with no accidents that's the
Most important
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they need to do more drag racing during the shootout. Me and the guys in my group were more fired up about the drag race than almost anything else.

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
There were races going on?
Hey man, thanks for the killer hospitality on the docks at Dog Days on Friday. You guys know how to party.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

We had a blast as always. Its the one event that I don't miss, no matter what. I haven't been to any other event, be it poker run, race, etc. in the last 2 yrs. But, I haven't missed the Shootout.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.