Need some help from mercury guri's with twin 400r verses 350 on cc >

Need some help from mercury guri's with twin 400r verses 350 on cc

Notices

Need some help from mercury guri's with twin 400r verses 350 on cc

Old 09-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus

Not sure I would want to take any risks with a beautiful set of motors like the 400's on back. but hey if they are under warranty. and you feel like Octane boost would truly suffice.....have at it. Factory may have some acceptable solutions for this scenario as well.
I've seen guys (with weak math skills) use octane boost with 1500 HP blower motors in a pinch!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new cc's are very blinging and takes lots of attention to keep looking nice. With most things painted you have water spots, scratches if not careful and cleaning it on the time. The new seadek floor what a joke. Fades, stains and marks are way worse than fiberglass. Never again. My wife and I have been challenged with our mid life crisis. Ok, my mid life crisis. Lol... I'm really looking for an all purpose perfect boat that don't exist. That been said. Having 2 or more boats really isn't that fun either. I have personally had enough with fast LOUD high maintenance boats. But still have the need for speed.

IMO, a 38' cc is very large to tow and handle with me and my wife most of the time. The kids are getting to old with to many choices to hang with us. After spending this summer with plans to do 6-7 poker run outings with only doing 1 we have decided to shift gears once again. We have considered building a new renegade 33' but after the battle with statement over the last year we really have cold feet to do it again. As far as statement goes many people can say many different things about different people. What my opinion might be can be completely different from what someone else's opinion could be. I don't like drama and can't stand negative social media. But, that being said when you spend $300k+ plus on boat you expect it to be prefect. YES.. I have high expectations just ask Terry from nortech! Lol... He met all my expectations with only 3 very small issues upon completion that was corrected the next day and deliveried with agreed deadline met...

Nick and Todd are nice guys. Nick doesn't have it in him to say no even when he might realize he can't! That being said Craig and I NEVER clicked from the moment we met. This should have been a sign. Long story short. All things were selected and spelled out for completion with statement. From a few major changes in seating and cabin to all minor detail selections before we started. The boat was to be deliveried to Miami for key west poker run last year. The boat was deliveried NOT COMPLETED. BUT PAID IN FULL...Although, 1 motor blew with 1 hour of testing 3 days before delivery. Nick scramble to figure out why. Come to find out Mercury did a recall on 11 motors with bad oil pumps which I had 3 of them! Lol... Thanks to Bob the builder (lol) he had 3 waiting to be installed in his new boat. Statement scrambled to remove, re- install and paint to match within 3 days. This being said boat was deliveried with no quality control whatsoever. After using the boat for 7 days there was a 43 item punch list from breach of contract items that were never done from the begin with interior of seats, cabin bedding down to correct speakers that were to be installed. All bilge pumps ran non stop because they were full of debris from building the boat. Poor workmanship, poor fiberglass work, poor interior workmanship with wrinkles. 2 stress cracks after 7 days of use. The list goes on. After 5-7 months of back and forth with Craig and nick. The boat finally got 80% completed. The price for statement's cuddy verses nortech's cuddy was almost 90k difference. I couldn't see the difference at the time. And even now if things would have been done correct and to our contract selections I probably would still think the difference was still to big to tell.

This being said nick is still a stand up guy that cares. He just ALWAYS spreads himself to thin. Craig, I could careless to ever talk to him again.

I don't like drama and have refrained for months posting this. If, any one else needs more info or referral on statement or nortech I know first hand and will speak the truth. As far as turning this into a negative drama filled thread I will NOT. So, if anyone needs more info. Please contact me privately...

Hopefully, we buy a new "new" boat this week. We have an offer out on one that we should know on Tuesday. And it already has twin 400's so I won't need to make the decisions on 350 or 400's....and it's not a cc. Lmao.

Last edited by NORTECH-ANGLER; 09-06-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

The 350s come with 3 years of standard warranty and the option to buy up to 5 years of extended coverage for 8 total years of warranty coverage.

The 400s come with 2 years of standard warranty and the option to buy up to 3 years of extended coverage for 5 total years of warranty coverage.

Contact us for extended warranty pricing information. We are not bound by FL laws that require their dealers to sell extended warranty for MSRP.