Hayim And Imprescia ‘OK’ After Collision With Buoy In Record Attempt

Old 09-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim Darr....found a cat for ya!!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Registered

I am guessing the interior seats are stained as well.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Stuart Hayim reached out to me this afternoon and I have added the following text to the story:

“I accept full responsibility for what happened,” said Hayim. “You live by the sword, you die by the sword and we were living by the sword. I am guilty—I was the captain of the ship. I would have received all the glory if it worked, but I have to take the shame and responsibility that it didn’t. Our goal was the same as it’s always been with my racing, to give hope and inspiration to those who are sick. I pledged a certain amount of money to charities and said I would double that if I broke the record. I may double it anyway.

“Randy Scism of MTI—bless his heart,” he added. “It’s a miracle that the boat didn’t sink and we made it in.”

Hayim said he plans to attempt to break his record again in 2016.
What a class act reply by Stuart. I don't know him.... but, I am impressed. No blame --- just taking it on the chin, which could possibly be why he had so much grace from the Man Above in a situation that very easily could have given him a direct and untimely introduction to Jesus!

I have no doubt Stuart has the means to hire a law and PR firm that could have massaged him right out of this. Instead, he chose integrity. We soooo could use more of this in our small ego-driven, A-type personality crowd (and yes... I do realize I live in a glass house - LOL).

Joe
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat

Unless you were there or can speak to the exact conditions on that day at that moment, STFU.
'nuff said.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh well

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 09-09-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Registered

http://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside...y-148-mph.html

http://www.27east.com/news/article.c...Fish-And-Fools

http://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside...oy-strike.html

While many in this forum and ever shrinking go-fast community may be defending the event, decisions and/or actions; the majority of the boating community has already formed their opinions, regardless or irregardless of what we all may believe deep down inside. For me this is really the problem at hand, giving the masses more fodder to look down their nose at these kind of boats.

Be safe and make smart decisions.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
http://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside...y-148-mph.html

http://www.27east.com/news/article.c...Fish-And-Fools

http://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside...oy-strike.html

While many in this forum and ever shrinking go-fast community may be defending the event, decisions and/or actions; the majority of the boating community has already formed their opinions, regardless or irregardless of what we all may believe deep down inside. For me this is really the problem at hand, giving the masses more fodder to look down their nose at these kind of boats.

Be safe and make smart decisions.
That's like comparing the opinions of an owner of a Miata and a 458. They'll never be buyers. So, who cares?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Registered

Whatever! Again you're missing the point!

Oh before I forget, am I going to get a gold star for using the correct "you're"?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
So, who cares?
Is that supposed to be a question? Or a statement!

I am a little confused by your grammar.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tw I'm done trying to explain how this incident went down. I will not even respond to your links that say " rich idiot tries to beat record" because stu has gave millions and raised millions for cancer research. He did this for others and a unfortunate FOG bank and Bouy took him out in a rapid incident. Stu running at 155 mph is like others running at 80. He is not just some new rich guy in a fast boat. I going to have to bow out of this thread because it's starting to piss me off so bad. Opinions are like as sholes everyone has one, or is one? How does that go? I forget

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.