Old 09-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any info on 2007or newer donzi 38 foot zfx cuddy
Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
I have had a 30 Concept and now have a 32 Dakota, the Concept was a nice boat and a blast to drive but it was a little small. The Dakota is a much bigger boat and rides much better than the Concept. They are not as well known but I am very happy with it, they are 31'8" L x 8' W , very well built and wood free. I have heard great things about the Fountain 31 but really preferred the layout of the Dakota, it has seats up front, a head in the console with about 5'3" headroom and a walk through transom, once you have a walk through transom you wont want to step over one again. It has a self bailing cockpit, live wells, fresh water wash down, a lot of features packed into a boat of this size.

I like the Scarabs but you have to have one surveyed due to the possible rot.

Thank you for that information. I will be looking into the Dakota Boats now and see whats out there. I like the idea of 32x8
Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by srdrago
Thank you for this comment. It was a big help. I am going to look into those brands and see what I can come up with. Budget is always a restriction but I like hearing new brands to look into for the CC. Thank you for this! Are stepped hulls good with rough waters or should I stay away from them for ride comfort?
All my vees have been straight vees but I have operated several 42 Fountains at high speeds. Stepped hulls are more efficient than a conventional straight vee and really no issues in the rough. Steps can be an issue for operators during high speed maneuvering, in particular hard cornering. In the realm of a family performance boat, like the Sunsation, Concept or newer Renegades, running in the mid 60's to mid 70's I think any choice you make including the Fountains would be fine IMO.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely worth a look, my arch was just re-done and powder coated so you wont find another one like it! It really updated the bpat, IMO.

I am looking at waterfront properties and this might be a little big for some of the slips so it might be for sale! I'd be at about $37K with a tripple axle trailer that's in decent shape.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:36 AM
Registered

Thank you all again. I have been looking around over the weekend and came across a Concept CC. I have never been in one on the water, anyone have any thoughts on those? How are they compared to the Fountains? How are they in rough waters? Speeds with twin 225 or 250 on a 30'?
Old 09-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
I have had a 30 Concept and now have a 32 Dakota, the Concept was a nice boat and a blast to drive but it was a little small. The Dakota is a much bigger boat and rides much better than the Concept. They are not as well known but I am very happy with it, they are 31'8" L x 8' W , very well built and wood free. I have heard great things about the Fountain 31 but really preferred the layout of the Dakota, it has seats up front, a head in the console with about 5'3" headroom and a walk through transom, once you have a walk through transom you wont want to step over one again. It has a self bailing cockpit, live wells, fresh water wash down, a lot of features packed into a boat of this size.

I like the Scarabs but you have to have one surveyed due to the possible rot.

Your concept 30, you say it was a bit too small....where did you run it? I found a nice one but curious how those really are. I boat out of Buzzards Bay in MA, we get rough choppy waters that average 2' and go to 3' at times. How would this run? The seller said its 28' from transom to bow but 30 if you include the bracket. I am not happy about that but at the same time I am looking at a 31 fountain that you loose space on the molded transom and bow flare. So that 31 can easily be a 29' boat. Any thoughts anyone?
Old 09-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

If I remember correctly Concept drains their decks into the hull cavity and uses bildge pumps, they are not self bailinglike most C.C. if that matters to you.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
If I remember correctly Concept drains their decks into the hull cavity and uses bildge pumps, they are not self bailinglike most C.C. if that matters to you.
I did not know that. There are draws to that and I'm not a big fan of it. I did hear from one person they do get wet and have wood. Just don't know how true it is and if it is a common thing. I know superboat drains to the bilge and that system works fine for them, maybe Concept is the same, maybe not.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

They are supposed to ride nice, a true 24* V at the transom, straight bottom and a narrow 8' beam. Won't be many boats that size that ride better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.