Notices

Boats for sale on OSO

Old 09-16-2015, 03:56 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

The Cigarette will ride way better if you run rough water a lot , the narrower beam cuts the waves way better, I have ridden in both styles of these boats. It all comes down to whats more important and what type of water you boat in as to whats a better choice.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
The Cigarette will ride way better if you run rough water a lot , the narrower beam cuts the waves way better, I have ridden in both styles of these boats. It all comes down to whats more important and what type of water you boat in as to whats a better choice.
I would disagree. I have ridden in 2 different 43V Nortechs to the Bahamas and back.......they ride like Cadillacs! The extra beam of 6 inches wouldn't be noticeable in ride quality considering they are 3600 lbs heavier than a TG. The TG has a sportier feel and would be 8-10 mph faster with identical power.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Simple...There is Only "1".

On a serious note, it's called branding. In all of the ads you have seen, have you ever seen any boat ad titled "Nortech Style Boat" ? Bet you wish you had a dollar for every ad for a non-Cigarette boat ad titled "Cigarette Boat" etc.

...and when it comes time for resell, well your original post says it all.

Cheers,

Dave
That would be the definitive answer. When you guys are buying that shoe with the swoosh on the side, you're not paying for a quatrum leap in quality and technology over brand x, you're paying more to feel better about your purchase and how other humans will perceive you because you are wearing a shoe with that swoosh. Just how humans and the free market works.

Last edited by FlyenBrian; 09-17-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
That would be the definitive answer. When you guys are buying that shoe with the swoosh on the side, you're not paying for a quatrum leap in quality and technology over brand x, you're paying more to feel better about your purchase and how other humans will perceive you because you are wearing a shoe with that swoosh. Just how humans and the free market works.
I get al of that but Nortech can hardly be considered "brand X". My point is that while all of the branding, advertising, history, perception definitely exist, the quality level between the two are on par with each other. The TG should be faster simply because the Nortech is 4 feet longer with a full and highly finished cabin. $100K tariff because its a Cig is something that just doesn't make sense to me
Old 09-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545430[/ATTACH]My 08 w 700's was a wave crusher and a condo down below. With Terry Sobo, my wife and I on delivery went 92.8 with about 150 gallons of fuel. With 6 people full of fuel she still managed right at 90 stretched out. I rarely ran her wide open..I was more interested in mid-range and I believe if I remember correctly at 3800 rpms she did 60.
Attached Thumbnails Boats for sale on OSO-blue%2520bayou%2520img_2878.jpg  
Old 09-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That will likely be my next boat.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
[ATTACH=CONFIG]545430[/ATTACH]My 08 w 700's was a wave crusher and a condo down below. With Terry Sobo, my wife and I on delivery went 92.8 with about 150 gallons of fuel. With 6 people full of fuel she still managed right at 90 stretched out. I rarely ran her wide open..I was more interested in mid-range and I believe if I remember correctly at 3800 rpms she did 60.
Did that boat end up in New Hampshire? It looks identical to one up here on Lake Winnepesaukee.